Shoes with optimum cushioning, lateral support, and flexibility for daily workouts and studio sessions. See workout shoes
Versatile, low-profile shoes for constantly varied exercises including plyometrics, sprinting, weightlifting, and rope climbing. See CrossFit shoes
Shoes for daily wear that ensure a smooth walking gait cycle. Check out walking shoes
For people with normal pronation. Also provide support for high-arched feet with underpronation (excessive outward rolling of the foot). See neutral training shoes
For people with low-arched or flat feet and moderate overpronation (excessive inward rolling of the foot). See stability training shoes
Shoes feature stabilizing technologies for people with severe overpronation. See motion control training shoes
Good to know
Stability and motion control add-ons are uncommon for workout shoes and are never present in CrossFit or weightlifting footwear. They are mostly found in walking shoes where the gait is easier to correct.
Training footwear typically weighs between 200g and 300g per shoe to accommodate agile workouts. Minimalist trainers go as low as 150g, while weightlifting shoes can go as high as 500g.
Heel heightMen: 25mm
WidthMen: Extra wide, Standard, WideWomen: Standard
Experts are training geeks, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
Updates to Skechers Equalizer 2.0
- The Skechers Equalizer 2.0 was crafted as a men’s shoe for athletic walking and casual wear. The new iteration inherits the slip-on design of the original version. It still features elastic gussets on the quarters to help with fast and easy on-and-off wear.
- The shoe also retains the Dual-Lite dual-density midsole. It is designed to provide lightweight cushioning throughout the walk.
- The Skech Knit upper on the 2nd version is made of a more tightly woven mesh. It is meant to deliver a snug, sock-like fit. The shoe employs open weave mesh fabric on the panels to keep the foot chamber ventilated.
- Another update is the Relaxed Fit design. It aims to make the walking experience even more comfortable by offering a roomier toe box for a comfortable toe-splay.
- The Memory Foam insole now boasts of the Air-Cooling feature. Not only does it offer an extra layer of cushioning, but also aids in wicking away moisture and keeping the interior dry and free of unpleasant odor.
Skechers Equalizer 2.0 size and fit
The Skechers Equalizer 2.0 was designed specifically for men. It caters to both average and wide foot types as it is offered in D/E - Medium and 4E/5E - Extra Wide profiles. The shoe follows the brand’s Relaxed Fit which maintains regular width in the heel but offers extra space in the toe box. It tends to run true to size and width. As a slip-on walking shoe, it also allows for a fast and easy on-and-off action.
The Skechers Equalizer 2.0 employs a rubber outsole to protect the platform from abrasive surfaces. It is engineered to provide traction on a variety of surfaces with its textured design. The rubber is also non-marking, which means that it leaves no marks or lines on polished floors.
The outsole unit is comprised of the strategically-placed pods and grooves to accommodate the natural bending of the foot throughout the walking gait cycle.
The Dual-Lite midsole is utilized in the Equalizer 2.0. It is a full-length, dual-density compound which is designed to provide a lightweight yet supportive cushioning and shock attenuation.
An additional layer of cushioning is offered by the Memory Foam insert. It aims to make walking an enjoyable experience by molding to the shape of the wearer’s foot. The insole is also Air-Cooled which implies that it allows air inside to maintain a healthy and odorless environment.
The upper unit of the Skechers Equalizer 2.0 features a slip-on silhouette with stretchy gore gussets on the sides. This construction holds the foot securely throughout the wear and makes it faster and easier to slip on and take off the shoe.
The Skech Knit Mesh is the primary material used in the upper. It is tightly woven in this particular model and wraps the foot in a soft yet supportive manner. The quarter panels of the shoe have an Open weave mesh to ensure that the foot chamber stays ventilated as the heat builds up during the walk.
The trainer has a padded collar to offer additional comfort and support for the ankle area. A soft interior lining contributes to the amenity of the footwear.