Experts are hikers, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
- The designers of Salomon conceptualized the X Ultra Prime CS WP as a high-performance waterproof shoe for day hikers. Its polyurethane (PU) coated leather and water-resistant textile upper is lined with a ClimaSalomon membrane to keep the user’s feet dry.
- The Salomon X Ultra Prime CS WP’s injected ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) midsole is paired with the brand’s proprietary Advanced Chassis technology. These components deliver lightweight cushioning, optimal motion control, and energy management. Featuring a lug-heavy Contagrip outsole, the product provides traction in virtually all types of terrain.
A pair of Salomon X Ultra Prime Waterproof hiking shoes are crafted for male adventurers in a range of whole and half sizes. They are available in regular width, and run true to size.
The shoe’s lace-up closure helps the user achieve a personalized lockdown. It is equipped with Salomon’s Sensifit technology, which cradles the foot from the midsole to the lacing system, granting a secure and customized fit to the user.
Keeping the user’s footing secure on challenging terrain is made possible by the Contagrip outsole. This component uses varying densities of rubber to make it more durable and flexible. The outsole’s aggressive lug pattern is engineered to grip on uneven terrain and slippery surfaces. Its front section extends toward the toe box to prevent stubbing.
Providing the user with a stable ride is the Salomon X Ultra Prime CS WP’s Advanced Chassis. It houses an injected EVA midsole which grants lightweight cushioning. A molded shank is also embedded within the midsole component to add more rigidity to the gear. It also hinders the shoe from twisting or contorting when traversing various trail obstacles.
This low-cut hiking shoe features a removable Die Cut Ortholite footbed. It is designed to boost underfoot comfort while improving arch support. The footbed also helps maintain a cooler and dryer in-shoe environment for the user.
Constituting the Salomon X Ultra Prime CS WP’s upper is a combination of water-resistant textile fabric and PU-coated leather. It is lined with a ClimaSalomon membrane to keep water out while keeping the gear breathable. The shoe’s synthetic toe cap enhances durability while a mud guard wraps around its base for improved protection.
Giving the user’s foot a secure lockdown is the X Ultra Prime CS WP’s lace-up closure. This system employs several eyelets and metal hooks for fit and lace management. The shoe’s gusseted tongue prevents debris from entering it. A pull tab is located at the back of this gear to facilitate easy on and off. Also, the gear’s padded collar and tongue grant additional comfort to the user’s foot.
The brand recommends the following tips in cleaning these low-cut hiking shoes:
- Use a soft brush and water to clean traces of dirt and mud.
- Do not machine wash a pair of Salomon X Ultra Prime CS Waterproof hiking shoes as they might get damaged.
- After cleaning, they should be placed in a well-ventilated spot to dry. Do not leave them near any external source of heat, such as the sun, as it may affect the shoes’ quality.
- The X Ultra Prime CS’s footbed can be machine washed using warm water.