Who should buy the Merrell Thermo Rogue 2 Boa Mid GTX
The Merrell Thermo Rogue 2 Boa Mid GTX is an innovative boot created for winter explorers. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking boot that offers a long-wearing outsole and is highly resistant to abrasion.
- Prefer a hiking boot that provides an effective barrier against moisture.
- Prefer a hiking boot that keeps your foot toasty in negative-degree temps.
Updates to :name
- This model is an updated version of the Thermo Rogue boot. It has a different lacing system known as the BOA Fit which consists of a micro-adjustable dial, durable lightweight laces, and low friction lace guides.
- It’s equipped with the Merrell exclusive Vibram® Arctic Grip All-Terrain outsole that is long-wearing and highly resistant to abrasion.
- It also comes with a Gore-tex lining that creates an effective barrier against external moisture, and Primaloft Gold insulation for keeping the foot toasty in negative-degree temps.
Size and fit
The Merrell Thermo Rogue 2 Boa Mid GTX men and women hikers are mid-top models featuring the BOA Fit technology which gives you the freedom to customize the fit through a simple dial-in system. There’s also a clasp band around the cuff for a secure fit amidst aggressive movements.
Improved grip on snow and ice surfaces
This boot uses the Vibram Arctic Grip outsole that “sticks” well on snow and ice. The aggressive lugs are 5mm deep for increased traction on varying surfaces. According to Vibram, the Arctic Grip is their most advanced outsole that features improved grip on ice, cold, or snowy grounds.
Lightweight cushioning made possible by EVA foam
For the midsole, this boot features compressed EVA. Compared with other foams, EVA has a lower density which makes it very lightweight. This results in a lightweight shoe that is really supportive and stable.
For added comfort, the boot comes with a removable contoured insole.
Keeps your feet dry and warm in freezing temperatures
The Merrell Thermo Rogue 2 Boa Mid GTX has a very distinctive upper made of water-repelling ballistic textile and neoprene. The shaft goes ankle-high and is reinforced by a strap around the cuff. Inside are a Gore-tex lining and 200 grams of Primaloft Gold insulation to keep the feet dry and warm even in freezing temps.
Provides toe protection and arch support
This boot is equipped with additional features for protection and support, such as a molded nylon arch shank and a rubber toe cap.
Merrell Thermo Rogue 2 Boa Mid GTX closure system
Completing the upper is the BOA Fit System which involves the use of a dial-in instead of regular laces. This innovative feature lets you customize the fit of the shoe based on your needs.
Nice to know
- No animal products are used in manufacturing this shoe, which makes it vegan-friendly hiking footwear.
- Merrell has a lot of footwear products for hiking. If you prefer a mid-top shoe that has a traditional lace-up closure but also has an insulation and waterproofing barrier, check out the Thermo Chill Mid Shell Waterproof.