Who should buy the Merrell Fiery
The Merrell Fiery provides an agile and maximum-protection ride that makes it suitable for rugged mountain terrains. This shoe is ideal for you if:
- You are a neutral pronator/supinator looking for a running shoe for the trails
- You need a cushioned running shoe that can support moderate to high arches
- You prefer a long-distance shoe that works with any type of footstrike pattern
Updates to the Merrell Fiery
- It has a bulky yet highly protective design that serves as a barrier against debris, uneven ground, and other hazards
- Full-length EVA cushioning system is made of this industry-standard foam, as well as the removable contoured footbed
- Acting as the external pad is Merrell’s own M Select GRIP, a layer that is tasked with providing traction and shielding
Efficient coverage of traction and protection
M Select GRIP serves as the outsole unit of the Merrell Fiery. This compound generously covers the bottom part of the midsole foam, acting as a barrier between the cushioned piece and the potentially abrasive outdoor topography. Also, it has a naturally grippy nature which allows it to maintain surface control, even when tackling the uneven nature of the trails.
Aggressive gripping lugs pockmark the external pad. These prominent nodes have angular surfaces and clamp-like ends to heighten the grip on the ground. They can also potentially extend the lifespan of the shoe through their thick construction.
Responsive cushioning and energized transitions
EVA is an industry-standard cushioning unit that runs the whole length of the Merrell Fiery. This element offers responsive cushioning and energized toe-offs. It also has a mildly flexible construction to accommodate the natural motion of the foot as it goes through the gait cycle. EVA is used by many running shoe series, including the well-known and trail-optimized Hoka Speedgoat family.
An EVA footbed separates the foot from the lasting board of this shoe. The soft surface of this accouterment is for the perception of an accommodating step-in environment. It also adds a bit of oomph to the quality of the cushioning. It can be removed or replaced with a new one if the wearer wants to do so.
Secure fit with the multilayered mesh upper
A multilayered mesh serves as the facade of the Merrell Fiery. This material has the job of securing the foot and maintaining cool and dry coverage.
Synthetic overlays are printed onto the silhouette, with some sections connecting to the ghillie lacing system. A snug and secure wrap is the goal of this design.