Who should buy the Lems Boulder Boot Leather
Outdoorsy individuals looking for a pair of all-purpose mid-height hikers will surely appreciate the Boulder Boot Leather from Lems. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking boot that can be used on backcountry hikes and urban explorations.
- Need a new pair that provides hikers' protection and comfort.
- Want a hiking boot that promotes a natural gait.
Lems Boulder Boot Leather notable features
- The all-leather version of the Lems Boulder Boot is ideal for both backcountry hikes and suburban explorations. Its minimalist design yields protection and comfort, thanks to the combination of exterior leather and interior cotton lining.
- This packable Lems boot carries an injection rubber outsole that also provides a decent amount of cushioning to users. It places the forefoot and heel flat on the ground; hence, its a zero-drop design. This configuration helps promote a natural gait.
Size and fit
The Lems (men’s and women’s) Boulder Boot Leather is a fairly true-to-size light hiking gear. It is offered in Lems sizing that corresponds to a specific US size; for example, in men’s sizing, a size 40 Lems is equal to a 7 to 7.5 US while a 41 Lems matches a US size 8. With this, it is advisable to visit the Lems website to get the correct sizing.
For width, this Lems offering has a wider-than-average width at the toe box and a regular breadth at the heel, thanks to the brand’s Natural Shape last. The overall fit and volume can be customized through its traditional lace-up closure.
Flexible and lightweight all-leather boot
This all-leather boot features the trademarked LemsRubber (9 mm) outsole. It is an injection-blown rubber unit that helps make the footgear flexible and lightweight.
Adhesive over rugged surfaces
Its tread has indentations that increase its adhesion over rugged surfaces.
Comfortable and removable insole
Rendering underfoot comfort is a removable polyurethane insole. It works with a 1 mm PU Strobel insole board that has a fabric lining on top, providing coziness and support. Additional cushioning comes from the injection-blown rubber compound used in the outsole.
100% cotton lining for comfort and provides extra protection
This Lems hiker employs a full-grain leather upper. This hardwearing material comes with a 100% cotton lining that promotes comfort. The ridge that runs across the forefoot enhances the visual appeal of the boot. Providing extra protection are the reinforcements placed at the midfoot to the rearfoot zones.
Lems Boulder Boot Leather's closure system
The closure system uses a round lace that passes through seven pairs of punched metal eyelets. A heel tab yields a more convenient entry and exit of the foot.
Nice to know
- The Lems Boulder Boot Leather has a stack height of 10 mm, excluding the 3 mm footbed. Stack height is the thickness of the material under the foot.