Reviews from around the internet
- 100/100 by Charlz9mm
- 100/100 by A Brighter Wild
- 100/100 by 5280
- 97/100 by Active Gear Review
- 97/100 by Run Oregon Blog
- 97/100 by ReviewOutdoorGear
- 97/100 by BestLeather.org
- 95/100 by Real Run Ryan
- 95/100 by Loophole Travel
- 93/100 by Birthday Shoes
- 93/100 by Black Owl Outdoors
- 90/100 by Doctor Ben
- 90/100 by Lems Shoes
- 85/100 by Aussie Hiker
- 80/100 by EverydayTravelWear
Video reviews and unboxing
- The all-leather version of the Lems Boulder Boot is ideal for both backcountry hikes and suburban explorations. Its minimalist design yields protection and comfort, thanks to the combination of an exterior leather and interior cotton lining.
- This packable Lems boot carries an injection rubber outsole that also provides a decent amount of cushioning to users. It places the forefoot and heel flat on the ground; hence, its zero-drop design. This configuration helps promote a natural gait.
The Lems (men’s and women’s) Boulder Boot Leather is a fairly true-to-size light hiking gear. It is offered in Lems sizing that corresponds to a specific US size; for example, in men’s sizing, a size 40 Lems is equal to a 7 to 7.5 US while a 41 Lems matches a US size 8. With this, it is advisable to visit the Lems website to get the correct sizing.
For width, this Lems offering has a wider-than-average width at the toe box and a regular breadth at the heel, thanks to the brand’s Natural Shape last. The overall fit and volume can be customized through its traditional lace-up closure.
This all-leather boot features the trademarked LemsRubber (9 mm) outsole. It is an injection blown rubber unit that helps make the footgear flexible and lightweight. Its tread has indentations that increase its adhesion over rugged surfaces.
Rendering underfoot comfort is a removable polyurethane insole. It works with a 1 mm PU strobel insole board that has a fabric lining on top, providing coziness and support. Additional cushioning comes from the injection-blown rubber compound used in the outsole.
This Lems hiker employs a full-grain leather upper. This hardwearing material comes with a 100% cotton lining that promotes comfort. The ridge that runs across the forefoot enhances the visual appeal of the boot. Providing extra protection are the reinforcements placed at the midfoot to the rearfoot zones.
The closure system uses a round lace that passes through seven pairs of punched metal eyelets. A heel tab yields a more convenient entry and exit of the foot.
-The Lems Boulder Boot Leather has a stack height of 10 mm, excluding the 3 mm footbed. Stack height is the thickness of the material under the foot.