Neutral / cushion / high arch
Shoes for runners who do not need any additional arch support (Around 50% of runners). Best for people with normal, high or medium high arches. See the best neutral shoes.
Stability / overpronation / normal arch
Shoes for runners who need mild to moderate arch support (Around 45% of runners). Best for runners with a low arch. See the best stability shoes.
Motion control / severe overpronation / flat feet
Shoes for runners who needs a lot of arch support. Best for runners with flat feet. See the best motion control shoes.
Good to know
Cushioned shoes for your daily easy running. Great comfort. See best shoes for daily running.
Lightweight shoes good for races, interval training, tempo runs and fartlek. Here are the best competition running shoes.
Good to know
If you want just one pair of shoes, buy a shoe for daily running.
WeightMen: 8ozWomen: 6.7oz
Heel to toe dropMen: 8mmWomen: 8mm
The height difference from the heel to the forefoot, also known as heel drop, toe spring, heel to toe spring or simply drop.
There are many opinions about what a good heel drop is. We do not recommend any in particular. Lean more in this video.
Heel heightMen: 27mmWomen: 27mm
Forefoot heightMen: 19mmWomen: 19mm
WidthMen: normalWomen: normal
Release dateJun 2017
Experts are runners, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
Updates to Under Armour SpeedForm Velociti
- The Under Armour Velociti’s forefoot region boasts a blown rubber compound for a responsive ride and a flexible underfoot experience. The technology enables natural transitions through the gait cycle.
- In addition to providing optimal resistance to harsh conditions, the high abrasion rubber on the outsole evenly distributes the impact forces over the whole surface area, thereby protecting the foot from injury and discomfort.
- The lightweight Charged Foam, along with the embedded sock-liner, delivers a well-cushioned and highly responsive environment for the runner while also allowing the foot to move forward with minimal loss of energy.
- The Engineered Mesh ensures a healthy, well-ventilated environment inside the shoe while the Under Armour SpeedForm construction offers a snug fit. These technologies, together with the lace-up closure, help in utilizing the shoe’s efficiency to its maximum.
- The shoe also has the Threadborne Midfoot Panel that’s made using high-strength, very durable fibers for additional structure and better aesthetics for the upper.
- Finally, the Seamless Heel Counter inside the shoe is also incorporated to provide the needed support to ensure the steadiness of the heel. It also prevents the foot from exiting the shoe accidentally.
Under Armour SpeedForm Velociti size and fit
The pair comes in the standard running length and the standard width of D and B for men and women, respectively. It is most suitable for neutral foot wearers.
The blown rubber used in the shoe’s forefoot region is more flexible and responsive than conventional rubber. This air-injected rubber ensures smooth transitioning of the foot from toe-off to landing.
This running shoe also boasts the high abrasion rubber on its outsole, which provides optimal traction and impact attenuation, thereby protecting the runner’s foot from injury and the mid-sole from abrasion.
The shoe features a highly responsive and lightweight Charged Foam in its midsole. It delivers a nice bouncy feel, as well as excellent protection from impact forces. The foam has the capability of bouncing back and propelling the runner forward with its excellent energy return.
The Embedded Sock-liner which molds to the foot’s shape provides additional comfort to the underfoot by enhancing cushioning of the midsole.
The Under Armour Velociti has made use of several interesting technologies in its upper. The engineered mesh delivers high comfortability and optimal breathability for the runner. The mesh allows proper circulation of air inside the shoe, which keeps the feet dry and the user fresh during longer sessions of running.
The Under Armour’s special SpeedForm construction in the upper wraps itself snugly around the runner’s foot and adapts itself to the changing movements, thereby preventing chafing during the activity.
Another interesting feature is the Threadborne Midfoot Panel. Made from high-strength stylish fibers, it heightens the overall look of the shoe while also providing a fit that is both supportive and comfortable.
The Internal Seamless Heel Counter is also included for additional comfort. While this structure is very light in weight, it reinforces the shoe’s heel cup, thereby supplying the needed support for locking the foot into the shoe and anchoring it firmly to the interior.
The lace-up closure ensures a snug fit for the users. It also increases the efficiency of the shoe by removing any spaces between the foot and the upper unit, thereby allowing the whole product to be utilized to its full potential.