Who should buy the Under Armour Speedform Fortis 2
With its sock-like fit, runners of all foot shapes will appreciate the Under Armour Speedform Fortis 2. This running shoe with an accommodating fit is ideal for you if:
- You have a moderate to high arch and you want a running shoe that can be used for all-day wear
- You are a neutral pronator and you want a long-distance shoe that can provide the necessary arch support
Updates to the Speedform Fortis 2
- A knitted upper aims to be softer and more flexible, and also provide a more contoured fit
- An updated heel counter for a more streamlined look while maintaining the same support and security
- A wider platform for enhanced stability
Excellent outsole flexibility
The outsole uses numerous square patterns that are separated by moderately deep flex grooves. This design gives the 2nd iteration of the SpeedForm Fortis excellent flexibility. A sturdy carbon rubber is located in areas prone to wear while blown rubber is utilized mostly around the forefoot and midfoot for better traction.
A superb mix of cushioning and support
A full-length midsole design using two of Under Armour’s best cushioning technologies lies in the heart of the SpeedForm Fortis 2. Under Armour places the Charged Cushioning right on top of the Micro G foam for a superb mix of responsive cushioning and support. The full-length design also helps the runner move efficiently and quickly through the gait cycle. The Micro G foam is also used in the SpeedForm Fortis 2.1 and other running shoes from Under Armour.
A cool and dry running experience
The knit-like upper gives a very precise fit in comfort and support. It is also quite breathable for a cool and dry run. The seamless upper reduces the possibilities of hot spots and irritation.
Under Armour still uses a thin tongue and collar in the SpeedForm Fortis 2.
A seamless heel counter keeps the foot in place. Enhanced cushioning and support are provided by a fixed, molded sockliner with moisture-wicking features.