Nike Metcon 6 Mat Fraser: The embodiment of a champion
Mat Fraser is a professional CrossFit athlete. He has consecutively won the CrossFit Games from 2016 to 2019, earning him the title 'Fittest Man on Earth' for those years. His hard work and dedication to his craft are embodied in this version of the Nike Metcon.
The striking colorway of the Metcon 6 Mat Fraser was carefully thought out. The black upper represents the "dark space" Mat gets into so he can focus. Red stands for focus. Meanwhile, the iridescent blue veins signify his calmness, even when under extreme pressure.
Mat's mantra, 'Hard Work Pays Off,' is printed on the sockliner.
Nike Metcon 6 Mat Fraser vs. Metcon 5
The main difference between the Nike Metcon 6 Mat Fraser and the Metcon 5 is the upper material. The Metcon 6 Mat Fraser uses an engineered durable mesh with large pores that promote the interior's breathability.
Aside from the updated upper material and design, this pair of Nike CrossFit shoes retains the:
- dual-density midsole that keeps the heel stable while allowing forefoot flexibility
- removable insole
- Hyperlift wedge to add heel height to improve squats or lifting steadiness
- knife-edge heel counter that reduces wall drag when doing handstand push-ups
- rope protection that wraps the quarters protecting against abrasions
- Flywire for a secure lockdown
- solid rubber outsole
Nice to know
Mat's workout routine is inscribed in the wrapping paper inside the box.
This Nike training shoe comes with a warning sticker, informing buyers that the chrome finishing on the heel counter flakes off over time.
The heel panel features 4 bullseyes, each one representing his wins in the CrossFit Games.