Who should buy the Nike ACG Zoom Air AO
The Nike ACG Zoom Air AO is a solid choice if:
- You are looking for a hiking companion grippy enough to keep you safe from slippage.
- A shoe ideal for water activities that takes less time to dry is what you prefer.
Who should not buy the Nike ACG Zoom Air AO
The Nike ACG Zoom Air AO might not be ideal for wearers with a wide foot profile. It was reported that its low-ceiling toebox isn’t helping a few people. Also, folks who have been sustaining rearfoot discomfort lately might also find this hiking pair less ideal. One reviewer finds the collar of this shoe a little too high and tight, which feels weird around the ankle. They are better off with the Nike ACG Nasu 2.
It dries fast
Most reviewers appreciate the efficient drainage system of the Nike ACG Zoom Air AO that makes it suitable for water activities.
A pleasant hiking experience
While the Nike ACG Zoom Air AO sports a sleek design, the majority of testers still find wearing these hikers enjoyable.
Thanks to its well-constructed outsoles, walking on slippery surfaces is not an issue with these shoes, say a couple of expert reviews.
Colors that stun
Many customers love that this model comes in stunning color combos as most Nike sneakers do.
A great hugger
The Nike ACG Zoom Air AO amazed wearers by how it hugs their feet securely.
Humble yet strong
While it has the look and feel of a sneaker, it doesn't fall short of technical features that keep the feet protected.
Nike ACG Zoom Air AO: Amphibious comfort for the trail
A mighty gear wrapped in a casual-looking shoe, the Nike ACG Zoom Air AO fits the bill for anyone looking for lightweight hiking shoes they can use for trail walking and water excursions.
Here are some things you can expect when you slip into a pair of the ACG Zoom Air AO:
- The entire upper is made of breathable mesh which means you’ll never get sweaty feet. Plus, you can fearlessly waddle through the water and get back up to the ground. This shoe dries really fast!
- Easy on and off. Always in a rush? The pull-on sock upper and toggle lacing system are a perfect combo. Simply pull the cord to tighten the fit and tuck the lock into the hole so it stays in place even when you hop into the water!
- Water drainage. Crossing rivers? Beach hopping? The water drainage ports (holes) in the midsole ensure that water doesn’t clog in your sneakers.
- Plush cushioning. The Air Zoom in the heel uses pressurized air for shock absorption and rebound. Translation: glide over varying surfaces like you’re just walking on a smooth road.
- It’s best used for summer activities. Hiking kicks made of breathable fabric such as this are great for hot conditions.
- While these hikers are definitely geared for all conditions, it’s not something you’ll wear when traversing rough terrain. Note that the mesh upper may not provide superior protection against sharp hazards.