7 Best Merrell Running Shoes in 2022
Known for their excellent durability, versatility, and performance-driven design, Merrell running shoes have become a favorite among ultra-distance runners and regular outdoor enthusiasts alike.
Whether you’re into off-road adventures or road running, a big fan of the brand, or a first-time buyer, the Merrell lineup offers great options for everyone that would suit their needs.
To help you save time and eliminate the hassle of reading hundreds of reviews, we’ve handpicked, wear-tested, and analyzed 30+ of the best Merrell running shoes available out there. We brought all pairs to our lab for a battery of mechanical tests and selected our top picks for your quick reference.
How we test running shoes
Our goal at RunRepeat is to provide our audience with in-depth reviews of the latest releases of Merrell running shoes. We’ve spent hours examining each model at our independent lab and wear-testing them on the road and on the trails. Our entire approach involves:
- Purchasing all the Merrell shoes with our own funds to avoid bias and brand loyalty.
- Cutting the shoes into pieces and measuring their essential parts in our lab, including over 30 different parameters from durability, breathability, and softness of the midsole, among others.
- Logging at least 30-50 miles on each pair to gain more perspective on its overall value, sustainability, and performance.
- Collecting more information from various shoe experts and user reviews from regular runners who have tried a particular shoe.
To conclude the process, we use our proprietary CoreScore system to calculate the overall ratings of each model, showing a number from 0 to 100. You can immediately see the rank of each pair of Merrell shoes as compared to others.
Best Merrell running shoes overall
Best Merrell road running shoes
Best Merrell trail running shoes
Best Merrell neutral running shoes
Best Merrell cushioned running shoes
Best value Merrell running shoes
What are the most popular Merrell running shoes in 2022?
- Merrell Moab Flight
- Merrell Nova 2
- Merrell Trail Glove 6
- Merrell Vapor Glove 5
- Merrell Agility Peak 4
- Merrell Rubato
- Merrell Agility Synthesis 2
What are the cheapest Merrell running shoes in 2022?
- Merrell Nova 2 - from £51
- Merrell Moab Flight - from £56
- Merrell Trail Glove 6 - from £61
- Merrell Rubato - from £71
- Merrell Agility Peak 4 - from £89
- Merrell Vapor Glove 5 - from £90
- Merrell Agility Synthesis 2 - from £120