Who should buy the Cascadia 14 GTX
The Cascadia 14 GTX from Brooks delivers a waterproof ride on mixed-surface trails with ease. This running shoe is ideal for you if:
- You are a neutral pronator or a supinator looking for a trail shoe with a rock plate
- You want a long-distance trail running shoe that is compatible with any type of footstrike pattern
Updates to the Brooks Cascadia 14 GTX
- The Cascadia 14 GTX uses the improved Cordura Mud Guard for added durability and the Pivot Post system that works like a stabilizing suspension system
- The TrailTack rubber outsole has been improved to provide extra traction for a more precise grip on both wet and dry surfaces
- The shoe's breathable Gore-Tex upper helps keep the foot dry and comfortable
Sticky traction on any condition
The outsole section of Brooks Cascadia 14 GTX is made up of TrailTack rubber, which provides sticky traction in both dry and wet conditions. It also utilizes the improved Multidirectional Lug Pattern for increased ground traction on a variety of terrain, especially on hills.
Biodegrable and highly-responsive cushioning
The Brooks Cascadia 14 GTX midsole unit features the usual BioMoGo DNA from Brooks. It contains an additive that allows it to breakdown and makes the midsole completely biodegradable.
BioMoGo DNA combines the BioMoGo midsole and DNA cushioning technology to effectively produce a customized and fully-responsive ride.
For better fit and support, this shoe’s new Pivot Post System utilizes four points of suspension. This amazing suspension system allows the users to keep their foot level from landing on irregular trail surfaces.
The Heel Pivot System helps balance the foot on uneven ground, while the Forefoot Pivot System is designed to adjust to varied terrain to help stabilize the foot.
Ballistic Rock Shield, a thermoplastic EVA sheath, is placed between the midsole and outsole for an added protection against stone-bruising.
Waterproof protection from Cascadia 14 GTX
The upper is made up of Gore-Tex liner, providing waterproof, breathable and moisture-managing protection from the severe weather conditions.
Its updated Cordura Mud Guard adds durability and protection from debris while allowing water to easily drain from the footwear to keep the foot dry and comfortable.
Gaiter Tab and Connection Point also provide easy and secure gaiter attachment.