Who should buy the ASICS Gel Kayano 25 SP
You will love the ASICS Gel Kayano 25 SP if:
- You want a stability shoe that provides support to any physical weight
- You want an appealing running shoe that helps alleviate underfoot pains, such as plantar fasciitis
Updates to the ASICS Gel Kayano 25 SP
- The SP version of the Kayano 25 is designed for moderate and severe overpronators.
- It has a midsole unit that’s filled with a bevy of supportive technologies, including the FlyteFoam® Lyte and FlyteFoam® Propel technologies, the GEL® Cushioning System, the Dynamic DuoMax™ stability feature, and the Guidance Trusstic System™.
- The upper unit of the ASICS Gel Kayano 25 SP is made up of jacquard mesh. This fabric is breathable and stretchy. It resembles the texture of a sock, thereby giving a non-irritating wrap.
- The instep, vamp, and toe box are reinforced with thin overlays. An external heel clutching system prevents accidental shoe removals.
Size and fit
A true to size distinction is applied to the ASICS Gel Kayano 25 SP. Runners are welcome to get a pair using their usual sizing expectations. When it comes to width, the available options are D – Medium for men and B – Medium for women.
Get protection against abrasions with the ASICS Gel Kayano 25 SP outsole
The heel part of the ASICS Gel Kayano 25 SP’s outsole unit is comprised of AHAR® or ASICS High Abrasion Rubber, which is a layer that is meant to protect against abrasion and natural progressive wear. It also provides traction over the surfaces.
The DuraSponge® technology is made of blown rubber, a spongy version of AHAR® that is able to provide extra cushioning on top of its grip capacity. It is mainly located at the front of the shoe.
Flex grooves in the heel and forefoot are designed to make the underfoot platform adherent to the natural bending capacity of the foot. These trenches benefit the toe-off as it is the phase that involves more foot flexibility.
The durable and bouncy midsole of the ASICS Gel Kayano 25 SP
The FlyteFoam® Propel is a reactive compound that is meant to energize the toe-off. It is bouncy, but it’s not overly flexible. The FlyteFoam® Lyte is a lightweight material that offers long-lasting cushioning. It is made by super-fibers that are of organic origin. Such a distinction allows it to retain its structural integrity, even after many uses.
FluidRide® mixes durable cushioning, springy performance, and enduring structure in one package. It fully supports the entire length of the foot, ensuring consistent support throughout the run.
The front and back of the platform feature the GEL® Cushioning Technology, silicon-based pieces that are meant to attenuate impact shock during the landing phase of the gait cycle.
The Dynamic DuoMax® Support System is composed of a dense compound in the medial midfoot section that’s created to correct overpronation and stave off tendon strain. The one that’s in the ASICS Gel Kayano 25 SP is lighter and less visually prominent than the ones from the prior iterations.
Secured foot all throughout with the ASICS Gel Kayano 25 SP
A jacquard mesh is a cloth-like material that aims to provide a form-fitting yet well-ventilated coverage. It is lightweight and seamless in design.
The FluidFit® upper is comprised of stretchy mesh that is configured to welcome the natural capacity of the foot to bend and swell during the run. Its goal is to hug the foot securely and prevent in-shoe wobbling.
The MetaClutch is an external heel counter that has an X shape. This unit is stuffed with memory foam to help in securing the back of the foot and preventing accidental shoe removals.