Who should buy the Adidas 4DFWD
A successor to Adidas' 3D midsole saga, the 4DFWD wears its innovative 3D-printed cushioning on its dreamy knit sleeve. Add this shoe to your shopping cart if:
- You want a pair that catches the eyes of many, whether in a casual or running setting.
- You wish to pull off ninja-like strides minus the sweaty tootsies.
- Futuristic sneakers are your thing, particularly the stretchy kind.
- You've been searching for kicks that can prevent arch-related injuries.
Who should NOT buy it
If you prefer a lighter and more affordable pair, trade the 4DFWD for the Adidas Swift Run. Also, you might be better off bagging the Adidas Kaptir home if you want a shoe with a more enduring sock-like fit.
Springy strides in the 4DFWD
Reviewers love the soft, springy ride they get in the Adidas 4DFWD. Some of them even say that this kick is bouncier than the previous 4D generations. The secret here is the bowtie-shaped lattice, which is designed to give 23% more cushioning than its predecessors. Instead of bouncing upwards, the lattices propel its wearers forward for faster and smoother strides.
Cranked-up level of comfort
Wearers say that this remarkable kick is so comfortable that they don't miss the Adidas Boost in this at all.
Might stretch out of shape
Because of its stretchy knit upper, this kick can become too loose for some over time. Adidas recommends you to grab a half size down for a snugger fit.
Says no to cheap materials
Like most Adidas sneakers, the 4D Forward is constructed with premium parts and top-notch materials.
Weighty on both feet and wallet
With a weight of around 330 grams (in men's size 9), this sneaker falls on the heavier side, making it somewhat a drag for daily training sessions. Its weightiness in the area of pricing is a valid cause for concern too.
Thanks to its beefed-up sole unit (from heel to forefoot), the shoe is quite capable of preventing inward and outward rolling.
Goodbye sweaty feet
Thanks to the innovative Primeknit upper, this breezy kick from Adidas can keep feet fresh and dry all day.
The eco-friendly Adidas 4DFWD
If you are a go-green warrior, you'll be glad to know that the 4DFWD comes with sustainable parts. The nitty-gritty of its pro-Earth construction is detailed below:
- Its single-piece Primeknit+ upper is made with 50% recycled materials. It provides breathability and extra support in strategic areas.
- This sneaker is also made with Adidas Primegreen, an innovative performance fabric made with recycled plastic.