As an Italian brand, Scarpa shoes follow the EU approach to sizing. This may result in slight differences from your normal US shoe size.
But that’s actually good news.
According to the brand, the European scheme allows making a wider range of size options (30 EU sizes over 24 US sizes). This, in turn, helps the wearer get a more fine-tuned fit.
So, make sure you know your exact foot length before checking the chart below. Here are 3 quick steps to measure your foot dimensions.
Scarpa men's and women's size chart
Tip: If you fall in between sizes, choose the nearest one up. It’s easier to deal with a little bit extra space than with a shoe/boot that’s too tight.
Fitting Scarpa shoes and boots
Scarpa prides itself in making different types of shoes and boots on different types of lasts. They also were the first company to create a women’s-specific last so that ladies could also enjoy a more form-fitting footwear.
When you first receive your pair, be sure to try it on clean surfaces, indoors only. That way you can still return it. A few tips for the first fitting:
- Make sure the shoes/boots are properly laced up and the lace pressure is equally distributed from the toes to the ankle.
- Put on the same socks that you are planning to wear for the activity.
- For hiking footwear, also wear a loaded backpack that you will be carrying.
- If possible, try imitating inclines and declines. The toes should not feel cramped or pressed against the upper.
- Wear the shoes/boots around the house for some time to see if there are any changes to the fit.