$120 $27 Save 78%
$130 $30 Save 77%
$130 $85 Save 35%
$130 $28 Save 78%
$100 $20 Save 80%
$150 $35 Save 77%
$90 $25 Save 72%
$130 $35 Save 73%
$75 $35 Save 53%
$120 $35 Save 71%
$130 $40 Save 69%
$110 $20 Save 82%
$135 $30 Save 78%
$150 $40 Save 73%
$150 $50 Save 67%
$140 $29 Save 79%
$160 $49 Save 69%
$120 $40 Save 67%
$120 $30 Save 75%
$120 $70 Save 42%
$160 $36 Save 78%
$130 $30 Save 77%
$120 $34 Save 72%
$120 $65 Save 46%
$100 $45 Save 55%
$80 $35 Save 56%
$120 $40 Save 67%
$110 $25 Save 77%
$80 $40 Save 50%
Asics Corporation, with its name being an acronym of the Latin phrase, “Anima Sana In Corpore Sano” which translates to “a sound mind in a sound body,” is one of today’s top leading footwear brands. Known for their high-performance athletic shoes, Asics stayed true to its philosophy as it always aimed to produce the best products by giving hard work and dedication into every concept, idea, and innovation to their creations.
Asics is largely inspired by running as it is popularly known for its running shoes in which some of them became some of the most iconic and immensely sought after high-performance footwear products. As time went by, Asics has also expanded their line of products. It has also transitioned from just solely being an athletic brand into also a streetwear brand with some of its top and iconic running silhouettes being retroed and being freshened into some high-end, limited edition, collaborative hypes.
Take a trip below to know more about Asics, its rich heritage, and what it offers.
Top Asics lifestyle sneakers and their popular collaborative releases
Every sneaker brand has released a silhouette that has made its mark in the history of sneakers. Despite their origins, these shoes have made their names and gained popularity to become the most sought-after sneakers throughout time.
Asics sneakers, though, may not run high in numbers when it comes to their models but have dropped various limited edition collaborative releases that got people more than eager to get their hands on. Up to this day, these drops are still being sought-after by many.
Below is a list of Asics’ top sneakers and some of their collaborative hypes:
Asics Gel Lyte III
The Asics Gel Lyte III was originally released as a running shoe in 1990 and was designed by the brand’s head designer, Shigeyuki Mitsui. The silhouette was praised with its split tongue, triple-density sole, and its minimal yet beneficial Gel cushioning. It became one of the brand’s most desired running shoes and the brand’s silhouette with most collaborative releases.
The Gel Lyte III aimed to provide unparalleled cushioning and evolution. The triple-density sole of the silhouette was Mitsui’s idea. At first, it was rejected by the brand since it was harder to control and produce than the dual-density soles. But then the engineers realized that it remarkably affected the wearer’s ride and transition, thus the usage of the triple-density sole on the Gel Lyte III.
The split tongue construction of the shoe didn’t actually start with the Gel Lyte III as it was primarily designed for the Asics LD-Racer to provide better cushioning, comfort, and fit. The Gel Lyte III was the second silhouette to feature the split tongue yet it became its trademark and became among the collectors and retro runners’ favorite.
The Gel Lyte III silhouette, over time, has witnessed some of the most popular collaborative sneakers releases from the Asics brand. Here are some of the top collaborative hypes of the sneaker silhouette:
Slam Jam x Gel Lyte III “Fifth Dimension”
Slam Jam is an Italian retailer which is noted as one of the impressive collaborators of Asics from across the pond. The Gel Lyte III “Fifth Dimension” is the most desired Asics sneakers and was first released in 2010 with only 300 pairs.
This pair of kicks is still one of the most sought-after Asics sneakers up to this day, and many people are still keeping an eye on the re-release of the model. The Slam Jam x Gel Lyte III “Fifth Dimension” was re-released on 2013 then again in 2016.
Ronnie Fieg x Asics Gel Lyte III “Salmon Toe”
The release of the Ronnie Fieg x Asics Gel Lyte III “Salmon Toe” symbolizes the grand opening of Fieg’s founded store, KITH, in 2011. The shoe graced the cover of the Sneaker Freaker Magazine and was also flaunted by Theophilus London, Ronnie Fieg’s friends, and a fan who was lucky enough to win a sample pair of the shoe.
Good Wood and MASCustoms built 40 unique packaging with wooden boxes made from the most premium and heavyweight wood for the in-store collector’s set release. Aside from the Ronnie Fieg x Asics Gel Lyte III “Salmon Toe” sneakers, the pack includes a KITH x Asics Salmon Toe T-shirt and wooden dog tags which both the symbols and logo of KITH and the Asics logo also with their motto, “Just Us.”
There were 72 pairs of the Ronnie Fieg x Asics Gel Lyte III released in-store. The individually numbered 40 premium pack was sold at $200 while the remaining 32 pairs were sold at $130.
Zillion x Asics Gel Lyte III
Zillion is a Tokyo-based shoelace brand founded by David Guarino. It is known for their bold laces design, but in 2011, it gave the Asics Gel Lyte III sneaker a subtle approach and opted for a unique, clean white version of the shoe.
Guarino managed to give the silhouette an exceptional look. The shoe features a predominantly ivory upper with some hints of Chirimen, a fabric used for Japanese Kimonos, on the side paneling, and on the toebox. The collaboration pack came with an extra pair of laces placed inside a wooden lace box and a unique wooden hang tag.
Colette x La MJC x Asics Gel Lyte III “Sold Out”
This release is the second Chapter of the three-part Colette, La MJC, and Asics series collaboration. The sneaker was designed by Michael Dupouy at La MJC. In designing for the new look of the Asics Gel Lyte III, Dupouy paid homage to the late 80’s and early 90’s performance running shoes that feature simple yet bold and vibrant colors.
Limited to 100 pairs of Colette x La MJC x Asics Gel Lyte III “Sold Out” were released and dispersed to Colette, Patta, and Solebox in which only 12 pairs were given to Patta and Solebox. The pack includes three sets of laces and a matching sports leather bag.
Hanon x Asics Gel Lyte III “Wildcats”
Aberdeen-based Hanon shop or mainly known as the Hanon shop teamed up with Asics and gave the Asics Gel Lyte III their touch. Taking inspiration from a local running club the “Wildcats,” the Hanon x Asics Gel Lyte III paid tribute to the Scottish Highlands native animal. The sneaker features a soft suede upper and 3M reflective tonal detailing in a combination of orange, yellow, and burgundy colorway.
During its release, the 50 first in-store customers received a limited-edition branded shoe bag. Each pair of the shoe that was bought from Hanon came with its own specifically manufactured dust bag.
Ronnie Fieg x Asics Gel Lyte III “Miami Beach”
The Ronnie Fieg x Asics Gel Lyte III “Miami Beach” is a part of the Kith East Coast Project. The sneaker features a microperf nubuck along with a woven mesh toebox and collar. The “eyes” on the toe and the heel panel are made of orange 3M stripes, and the white plastic eyelets that leave an ultimate football color palette complements the design of the shoe. A never before used sewn-in memory foam footbeds were built into the shoe, and it came along with an exclusive and matching Kith x Stance socks.
Patta x Asics Gel Lyte III
The Patta x Asics Gel Lyte III was Amsterdamn’s Patta store’s first shoe with a major footwear label that they have co-branded. The inspiration for the colorway of the shoe came from Amsterdam’s coat of arms’ red and black city along with some hints of Patta green. The release of this collaboration back in 2007 made history as it was the first campout outside the store.
Saint Alfred x Asics Gel Lyte III
Saint Alfred, a Chicago-based outfitter, teamed up with Asics and adorned the Asics Gel Lyte III with a casual colorway. The shoe flaunts a mostly gray upper with a deep forest heel counter. The look was finished off with a contrasting tonal gum sole.
Packer x J.Crew x Asics Gel Lyte III
To celebrate their 110th Anniversary, Packer Shoes teamed up with J. Crew and Asics for their “1907 Collection” that presents the Asics Gel Lyte III silhouette. In this version of the split tongue, Packer Shoes utilized the design of the “Dirty Buck” style. Leather and suede cover the upper of the shoe, and four colorways were released namely, Oxblood Leather, White Buck, Navy Buck, and Charcoal Suede.
Here is also a list of some of the variations of the Asics Gel Lyte III: Asics Gel Lyte III NS, Asics Gel Lyte III Aztec, and Asics Gel Lyte III Lovers and Haters.
Asics Gel Lyte V
The Asics Gel Lyte V was first released in 1993, and it was the Gel Lyte III’s progression since there was not a GL-IV created as the number 4 is considered bad luck in Japanese culture. It is one of the best Asics running shoes in the early 90’s.
It is a combination of all the learnings from the previous versions that were turned into a sleek, high-performance shoe. The silhouette took the upper design of the Gel Lyte Ultra and then given with hints of mesh inserts on the side panels and toe box. Around its heel, the “V” applied Gel padding, and the P-Gel at the forefoot gave extra comfort for a long-distance run.
Next to Gel Lyte III, the Gel Lyte V also has been involved in various Asics collaboration and below is one of the silhouette’s collaborative hypes:
Ronnie Fieg x Asics Gel Lyte V “Volcano”
In this another team-up of the brand with Ronnie Fieg, the Ronnie Fieg x Asics Gel Lyte V “Volcano” basically took inspiration from then Kith’s state as it has grown into a full-on brand. Fieg wanted it to represent the “active stage” of Kith and as he said, “hopefully to its future state of eruption.”
The Asics Gel Lyte V received a combination of premium nubuck, pigskin, and a breathable mesh in a mixture of red and burgundy. The pink neoprene stretched tongue adds to the design as well as the single-stitched orange panel on the heel, and the navy-colored Asics branding. The off-white midsole and the navy outsole finished off the design.
The pack included a special kit of Kith x Stance “Volcano” invisible socks in which a 3M Kith was represented on one toe and the Ronnie Fieg 3M Volcano logo on the other toe. The “Just Us” branding that came in orange was featured underneath both feet. The pack was released in limited number which was only exclusive in both the Kith NYC stores and on KithNYC.com and was retailed at $160.
Monkey Time x Asics Gel Lyte V
In 2015, Asics teamed up with United Arrows’ sub-line, the Monkey Time. Together they the Asics Gel Lyte V silhouette a new look. In this first collaboration of the two brands namely the Monkey Time x Asics Gel Lyte V “Lights and Shadows,” the sneaker features the use of premium leather for its upper in a black and white high contrast colorway. A speckled midsole finished the look of the shoe.
Later that year, Monkey Time and Asics teamed up again, still for the Asics Gel Lyte V silhouette. This time, a new colorway was given to the silhouette and was called the Monkey Time x Asics Gel Lyte V “Sand Layer.” The sneaker was also given an iteration on its upper as it features a combination of suede and nubuck upper that sits atop a tonal sole unit.
In 2016, another collaborative release between Asics and Monkey Time with the Asics Gel Lyte V silhouette again took place. The new product of the collaboration showcases an upper in the combination of nubuck and patent leather. The Monkey Time x Asics Gel Lyte III “Dress Up” flaunts and all-black colorway that imitates the aesthetic image of a dress shoe. Wrapping the heel counter of the shoe is a marble-like pattern which gives off the formal vibe.
A few of the variations of the Asics Gel Lyte V silhouette are the following: Asics Gel Lyte V NS, Asics Gel Lyte V GTX, Asics Gel Lyte V Ombre, Asics Gel Lyte V Pastel, Asics Gel Lyte V Japanese Denim, Asics Gel Lyte V Reflective, Asics Gel Lyte V Sanze, Asics Gel Lyte V Sanze Knit, Asics Gel Lyte V Sanze TR, and Asics Gel Lyte V Vice City.
Asics Gel Kayano
The Kayano Trainer was first released in the year 1993. It was named after its designer, Toshikazu Kayano, who took inspiration from the stag beetle when designing the shoe.
The strong exterior of the beetle is imitated on the protective cage and the hard plastic heel of the shoe, which provides support and protection like an armored shell. On the outsole of the shoe, the “lightning” pattern can be observed which was inspired by the horns of the horns of the stag beetle and can be clearly pictured out when the shoe is held side by side.
Toshikazu Kayano proceeded to design the Asics Gel Kayano up through the 13th version or the Gel Kayano 13. The Asics Gel Kayano 20 was given with higher expectations, and Asics assigned Yoshiyashu Ando to be the one to design the model. The inspiration for the design of the shoe was taken from the Gran Turismo video game. The Asics Gel Kayano is now on its 24th version.
The Asics Gel Kayano also has some quite amazing collaborative releases and variations aside from the 1st up to the 24th version. Here are some of them: BAPE x Asics Gel Kayano Trainer, Porter x Asics Gel Kayano Trainer, Asics Gel Kayano Trainer EVO, Asics Gel Kayano Trainer Knit, Asics Gel Kayano “OG Kithstrike,” Packer Shoes x Asics Gel Kayano Trainer “All Roads Lead to Teaneck,” Packer Shoes x Asics Gel Kayano “A.R.L.T. Vol. 2,” and Sneaker Freaker x Asics Gel Kayano “Melvin.”
Asics sneakers price range
One of the factors that people consider when buying a pair of sneakers is the price. Questions like “Does the price fit my budget?” “Is it affordable?” or “Is it too expensive?” come up as they scan through a list of sneakers to choose from.
The following is a list or brackets that the price of Asics sneakers may fall in depending on the model and in which category it belongs:
Up to $120
- The Asics sneakers that belong in this category may go as low as around $80.
- The pricing of these sneakers depends on the model and the materials used in making the shoe.
Above $120 but Below $200
- Asics sneakers that fall into this category are usually upgraded versions of the classics.
- These Asics casual sneakers commonly fall around the price range of $130 to $200.
- Materials used for these Asics sneakers usually are the enhanced technologies developed by the brand.
- Most of the brand’s iconic and popular silhouettes are offered within this price range.
$300 and Above
- Most of these shoes that fall under this category are the collaborative hypes and the models built with premium materials.
- Special edition and limited edition Asics sneakers also fall within this price range.
How do Asics shoes fit?
When buying a pair of Asics sneakers, one may consider three factors to fully accommodate their foot and pick the right pair of kicks that would fit the foot adequately.
The following are the factors that may be considered in getting the right size and fit of Asics sneakers:
- The men’s sizing of Asics sneakers ranges from US size 4 to US size 16 while the women’s sizing, the sizes comes from US size 5 to US size 12.5.
- If one prefers an extra room to the foot around the shoe, it is rather wise to choose a shoe with enough space in the toe box.
- One is advised in going for a bigger size if their foot size falls in between sizes as it is easier to adjust the fit through insole inserts, wearing thicker socks, or changing the lacing technique.
- If women would want to purchase from the men’s line, deducting 1.5 from the men’s sizing is applicable.
- For men’s, the medium width is D while for women’s the medium width is B.
- It would be better that one should know the letter corresponding to the width, as the shoe boxes and shoe labels do not specifically identify whether the shoe is narrow, medium width, or wide width. Only the letter referring to the width is labeled in the shoe.
- The variations between the widths are proportional to the size of the shoe as they only differ for a few millimeters.
- The additional width of the shoe mostly can be found in the forefoot.
- The following are the width variations of Asics sneakers for both men and women:
- Men’s Width:
- Narrow – B
- Medium/Standard – D
- Wide – 2E
- Extra Wide – 4E
- Women’s Width:
- Narrow – 2A
- Medium/Standard – B
- Wide – D
- Extra Wide – 2E
- The weight of the user should also be considered in getting a pair of Asics shoes. If one has a bigger built or weighs heavier, more supportive shoes may be needed.
- The weight of the shoe is also considered especially when the shoe will be used for a long run/walk. A lighter shoe may be preferable to provide comfort for the foot.
- Pronation is the word used in describing the way how the foot rolls when walking and running.
- Knowing about one’s pronation type is essential as it may help in picking the right shoe and provides more comfort for the foot during a walk or a run.
Asics technologies that distinguish them from other sneaker brands
Asics, as it started its production of performance shoes, held full knowledge about the structure of the human foot. The brand is keen on producing shoes that would provide a solution on the various foot conditions. They also aimed at manufacturing shoes that would be suitable and could withstand different weather conditions. With this concept, they developed different kinds of technologies.
Below is a list of the tech components that can be observed in the different sections and Asics shoe models and will help one to learn and have a further understanding about the construction of their next Asics sneakers purchase.
- FluidRide - A dual-layer midsole that executes lightweight, shock absorption, and responsiveness altogether and helps in reducing strain and enhancing performance. The two layers of the FluidRide is made of:
- The three main characteristics of this material are lightness, shock absorbing, and bounce.
- A lightweight cushioning that absorbs impact in every ground strike.
- A custom resin blend which retains functionality while acquiring a lighter weight. It weighs half of the E.V.A. sponges commonly used in marathon and racing shoes.
- It helps provide the high performance that athletes need.
- This material maintains the shock absorbing quality of the usually used E.V.A. sponges yet enhances its rebound quality by 20%.
- The enhanced rebound characteristic of this material improves every foot movement in every step.
- This material is developed from the fusion of E.V.A. and rubber ball material and using the characteristics of both.
- Duomax - The DUOMAX in Asics sneakers helps in minimizing stress on foot that is caused by overpronation and supporting the foot to provide more comfort in every stride. A firm sponge built in a section inside of the midsole of the shoe. It helps in controlling the inward roll of the heel that happens when the foot touches down at the end of each step.
- Heel Clutching System - It is a special part of Asics sneakers that is shaped from resin which is installed at the heel. It is designed specifically to adapt to various shape and width of heels. It enhances the fit between the shoe and the heel by regulating displacement. The “clutching” effect improves stability and performance.
- FluidAxis - This technology offers additional comfort without affecting the natural movement of the foot. The two kinds of irregular-shaped grooves added to the heel part of the outer sole.
- The first groove turns along an axis in which it does not affect the natural movements of the joints of the foot in every stride.
- The second groove steadies the foot during its ground contact.
- Shear Deformation - It is the process of changing the inclination of the midsole or the gel insert of Asics sneakers. It creates grooves in the sole which considers the distribution of the vertical force. Through the inclination change or the groove direction, the possibility of increasing the cushioning properties of the materials within the limited space of the shoe can applies. This technology minimizes the load on foot by shielding impact on every foot touch down during a run or a jump.
- Guidance Line - The Guidance Line is the vertical groove that runs from heel to the toe on the outer sole of Asics sneakers. This technology minimizes the imbalance created by shifts in the center of pressure of the runner. Therefore, for every landing or kick, the center of pressure is directed into these grooves.
- FluidFit - The FluidFit technology features a mesh upper that is partially built with a non-elastic material. The non-elastic part offers reinforcement as the elastic part enhances the foot movement response. It is created to enhance the fit of Asics sneakers while retaining the comfortable fit and lightweight characteristics through strengthening its mesh upper part using minimum parts.
- C. Rubber - A fusion of natural rubber that has a good grip and synthetic rubber that offers superb resistance for abrasion. The optimal design of this rubber provides a firm grip against a variety of directions. This material enhances performance in foot movements by perceiving a grip for quick stepping movements and resisting abrasion for repeated stepping movements.
- SEW Midsole - This technology offers comfort even at a low temperature as it minimizes the decrease in cushioning properties and flexibility. In low temperature, the common E.V.A. Midsole usually hardens, that is why Asics created the SEW Midsole and used materials which are less susceptible to temperature alterations.
- WET GRIP Rubber - The material offers a powerful grip on a wet ground which tends to become slippery due to the water layer created on the surface. The WET GRIP Rubber technology has the main material that is a blend of raw rubber which is mostly used for studless snow tires. Addition of various materials was made to the sole rubber of the shoe such as chaff to enhance the contact area of the sole.
- Asymmetrical Lacing - This technology allows the foot to have a better adhesion feeling to the shoe. The Asymmetrical Lacing of Asics sneakers offers an enhanced fit through an asymmetrical eyelets arrangement. This allows the wearer to have a better lacing effect that is concentrating on the 3D-shape of the foot.
- Biometric Fit - This technology in Asics lifestyle shoes offers high performance as its upper moves accordingly with the foot movement to enhance the fit of the shoe. The BIOMETRIC FIT is created so the movement of the upper of the shoe is in-sync with the foot movement as some parts of the foot surface changes in every movement that could affect the performance of the shoe. An elastic material is applied to the upper of the shoe to distinguish the parts of the shoe that makes more changes from those that make fewer changes. This technique enhances the responsive characteristic of the shoe.
- Two Density Midsole - The Two Density Midsole assists in the enhancement of speed of footwork and also increases cushioning properties of Asics sneakers. This technology is built with two midsole materials that have a different hardness from different densities. These two midsoles suitably alter their shape in accordance with the applied load in every movement which allows rapid movements.
- Propulsion Plate - This technology offers a stable foot movement which allows effective and swift movements that usually cause local bending of the sole. The PROPULSION Plate is built with hard resin plates which are used on the outer sole in line with the load distribution in throughout movement which stabilizes the sole of the shoe by minimizing its local bending.
- ICEWALK Rubber - The ICEWALK Rubber was created to provide comfort and strong ground grip during a walk on icy roads which tends to become slippery because of the water layer on its surface. The silica sand is fused into the rubber allowing a rather strong grip on a slippery surface as it penetrates the water layer on an icy surface and works as spike shoes. This rubber resists easy hardening at low temperature.
- TRUSSTIC - This technology helps in providing stable movements as it reinforces the middle part of the sole. It enhances the stability of Asics sneakers as it prevents extreme twisting of the shoe. In the middle part of the sole of the shoe, the resin TRUSSTIC is used which provides stability for the shoe and twisting prevention as its shapes are designed in line with the type and purpose of the shoe.
- Discrete Eyelet - The Discrete Eyelet establishes a better fit for the upper of the shoe as it effectively conveys lacing tension forces in accordance to different foot shapes.
- Snow Compound Rubber - The Snow Compound Rubber offers an excellent grip that is appropriate for snowy and frozen grounds. This technology was created using a property which is less likely to harden at low temperature. The grip property of the sole rubber is enhanced as its hardness was lowered and the ground contact area is increased.
- Archsustain - This technology provides long-time running stability and comfort and keeps the arch from too much lowering which usually causes injuries. It is in the middle part of the sole, a material which is not easily affected by the rise in temperature.
- HG10mm - This technology reduces the load on the leg and the impact on the knee during a run in sports such as soccer and rugby. It also offers comfort in every movement. The HG10mm features a sole in which the heel part is 10mm higher than the toe part. Its heel part of the spike was inserted with a midsole sponge which diminishes the impact on the knee. This construction helps in decreasing the load on the leg as it affects the bending form of the leg when running forward.
- AHAR and AHARPLUS - These technologies are outer sole materials that offer superb resistance to abrasion. They also appear in sponge types which provide great cushioning. The AHAR and AHARPLUS enhance the durability of the shoe as it retains the necessary functions as well as the grip. The AHAR has a resistance to abrasion which is two times higher, and AHARPLUS has a resistance to abrasion that is three times higher compared to a common rubber. These technologies were created in order to contribute to environmental load reduction through extending the life of products with the use of materials with high resistance from abrasion.
- Asics Gel - The Asics Gel is a soft material that offers good shock absorption, comfortable midsole cushioning and protection in almost all Asics shoes. It is inserted in the midsole of Asics sneakers. It eases every blow made by every foot strike and helps in preventing possible injuries. It was first introduced in 1986, and it has proven its reliability as it defied the test of time. It is heavily used and has also been the core component of most of performance Asics sneakers.
Mr. Kihachiro Onitsuka founded the Onitsuka Co. Ltd., an athletic company, on September 1, 1949, in Kobe, Japan. He aimed to make a product that would help in promoting a healthy mind and body through fitness in a post-war Japan as a solution for the youth’s suffering from poor self-esteem and depression.
The company’s first shoe that was produced was a basketball shoe as it was said to be the hardest to manufacture. The team reckoned that if they can conquer this obstacle, they will be able to able to succeed with other shoes.
The concept of their design was taken from quite some unlooked-for places. It was over dinner that one night that Onitsuka took inspiration for the design of the soles of the shoe when he looked down on his plate. The tentacles of the octopus gave him the idea of designing the soles of the shoe with a deepened “dimples” which serves as suction cups and offers excellent grip on the ground surface. The design became a huge success, and it led the brand to create one of the first classic Asics trainers.
The company then started expanding during the 1960’s, and the name of the company was renamed into Onitsuka Tiger. The addition of the Tiger stripes to the sides of the shoe was to make it more distinguishable. The brand cherished some sporting success as the Boston Marathon winner ran in a pair of their shoe and also the gold win of the Japanese Women’s Volleyball team in the ’64 Tokyo Olympics with all the team members wearing Onitsuka Tiger.
It was on July 21, 1977, that Asics Corporation was born with the merging of three companies namely, Onitsuka, GTO, and JELENK. The merging of the three company was what they believed the best way of survival since it was during a risky time for Japan’s economy as the three of them share a common context when it comes to sportswear.
The new image, the Asics logo and the new thrust towards the athletics manifested a huge strike for the sportsmen and women as the brand’s shoes became a choice for the world’s leading athletes.
It was during 60’s, and early 70’s that the Asics sneakers received a lot of sporting privileges. Derek Clayton broke the world marathon wearing a pair of Asics shoe in 1967 and in 1972, Lasse Viren won gold at the Munich Olympics also wearing Asics. The brand built a name with a reputation of making high-performance athletic sneakers.
The Gel cushioning may be what Asics is mostly praised for in this present day. It was first introduced in 1987 and continued to be the Asics sneakers’ centerpiece feature with its iconic silhouettes and sought after sneakers showcasing the trademark technology.
Asics has become one of the top brands that have conquered the world with its high-performance athletic shoes and classic silhouettes. Asics is truly among the brands with a rich history and the best-created sneakers.
Commonly Asked Questions about Asics sneakers
Why should I buy Asics shoes?
Asics shoes not just offers stylish and trendy appeal but also provides rather an excellent comfort and support for the foot. These sneakers are built with the best materials and with Asics’ superb technology as the brand always aim to produce and offer the best products.
Asics sneakers which are largely inspired by the brand’s running category also offers the same performance as their running shoes which offers remedy or solutions to various foot conditions.
These kicks are also offered in price ranges that would suit best with one’s budget.
Being largely inspired by running shoes, do Asics lifestyle sneakers go well with a variety of outfits?
Yes, they do. Asics shoes, though originated from the brands running silhouettes, have been designed and crafted for casual style. They are also well intended to suit one’s daily needs when it comes to styling without sacrificing comfort.
Asics sneakers go well with a variety of outfit choices. But still, at the end of the day, how it matches up with one’s style depends on the manner of the wearer’s way of styling.
Are Asics sneakers good for different weather conditions?
Asics has developed technologies that allow their footwear products to be suitable to wear under different weather conditions. As Asics sneakers mainly originate from the brand’s running shoes category, the same materials and technologies are used. Thus, making Asics sneakers good to wear for different weather conditions. Weatherproof shoes may still vary on the shoe model.
Are the materials used for Asics shoes durable?
The materials Asics use in making their sneakers are reliably durable as the brand always aim to create the best products and to offer the people the best experience when wearing Asics sneakers.
The longevity of the product, though, depends mostly on the usage of the wearer. The lifespan of the product depends on how the user uses it, how often they use it, and also how they take care of it.
Do Asics casual shoes absorb foot odor and can be worn without socks?
Asics do have shoes that are designed to absorb sweat which commonly causes foot odor. They also produce some silhouettes that can be worn without any socks as they are built with materials that act as a sock for the foot.
Is customization available?
In 2017, Asics gave a sneak peak of their upcoming microwave technology in which one will be able to customize the layers of the soles of their pairs of Asics sneakers with the colors of their choice.
Though the technology is still in its testing phase, the brand has already launched the official website in which a video illustrates the whole process. Thus, this new thing may be happening sooner than we think if all goes as planned.
The microwave technology offers the customer the opportunity to customize their Asics sneakers with multiple choices of colors which includes the midsole and upper. The sole’s component comes in pellet form in which will be molded and microwaved. The process is said only to take place in at least 15 seconds.
This technology was said to be developed by a Taiwan firm, the Tayin Research, and Development, which has a patent for the process.
How to clean an Asics lifestyle shoe?
An Asics sneaker can be cleaned by removing the sock liner or its insole and washing it separately from the shoe. The shoe must be dried naturally and putting them in a radiator should be avoided.
Do Asics sneakers go out of style?
Different kinds of style always come and go. When it comes to sneakers, certain styles or design only stay at one point in the fashion world, but there are those that go along pretty well with the evolution of style.
Asics casual sneakers also belong in this category as their design is something that we can consider classic or timeless, especially when most of these sneakers are inspired by the brand’s iconic and classic silhouettes that withstood time for decades already and continue to be some of the highly sought after sneakers.
The style or trend of an Asics casual sneaker or any other sneaker also depends on how the user is able to wear the shoe in different style categories and different style eras. In this case, an Asics casual sneaker does not go out of style as long as one knows how to be creative enough in wearing the shoe.
Will I be able to purchase an Asics lifestyle sneaker at a lesser price?
Yes. Chances are Asics lifestyle sneakers will be offered at a discounted price in some retailers as most shoes are often sold at a lesser price in time.
How do I know I’m getting the best value for money when buying a pair of Asics sneakers?
When one is to purchase something, they will most probably ask themselves if they are getting the best value for the money for that purchase. No one would want to waste any cash on purchasing something that turned out to be not worth the price or not worth the purchase.
Asics sneakers are not just about its design and style but also about its performance and functions. The brand is keen on producing the best shoes and meeting the needs of the people. Aside from having various choices for Asics sneakers, one can also pick and buy the pair that suits best with their foot condition.
An Asics sneakers purchase may not just give one a trendy style but also provide them help with their foot conditions, making it worth the money.
Is it an impulse buy to purchase a pair of Asics collaborative hype sneaker?
Asics collaborative sneakers, which are mostly offered in limited release and features some of the brand’s most iconic and highly sought-after silhouettes, often causes the hype among sneakerheads. It can be considered an impulse buy when one purchases the shoe just because of the hype, and one wants to always be on trend, without thinking through if they actually need the shoe.
But if one purchases the sneakers for a more valuable reason such as that the shoe carries a significant value, if it is a part of their collection, or if it something that adds to one’s self-esteem, the purchase may not be considered an impulse buy.
Therefore, it depends on the buyer’s manner of purchasing or their reasons behind the purchase if they are making an impulse buy or not.
What kind of Asics shoes is best for me?
The kind or style of Asics sneakers that suits best for an individual mainly varies on the person’s sense of style or styling preferences. When picking or deciding which pair or style of Asics sneakers to pick, it would be better if one goes with the style that suits their taste best.
Asics sneakers also vary on the purpose of the shoe or what type of shoe it is, especially since most of Asics sneakers originated from their running shoes before they shifted into lifestyle sneakers. Therefore, one’s foot condition may also be considered in picking the right shoe or the best shoe for them.
Are the Asics-Limited Edition or the collaborative hype sneakers just one-season wonders?
Sneakers are sometimes released for a certain event or as a part of a certain seasonal collection. But one often asks themselves, are these shoes just one-season wonders?
Asics collaborative hype sneakers are often offered at a limited-edition release, but they don’t mean that they are one-season wonders. These collaborative Asics sneakers feature the classic and iconic silhouettes of the brand which are given a touch and fresh look by some prestigious names and brand names in the sneaker world.
These new designs on these Asics sneakers may be considered classic or timeless because not just they continue to go along with the style evolution, but they also are highly sought-after that people are always on the watch for new releases or re-releases.
Does Asics have vegan shoes?
Yes, it does. Asics offer Vegan shoes as some of its – both running and lifestyle shoes – are re-introduced being completely vegan as it was without the use of any animal by-product. The Asics Vegan Pack which was released in 2015 features the Gel-Lyte II, Gel Lyte V, and the GT-II.
What is OneASICS?
OneASICS is a free member services program that Asics, Asics Tiger, and Onitsuka Tiger offer for their customers. Benefits such as free 2-day shipping, 90-Day Trial, and 90-Day Runkeeper Go Trial are acquired by the members.
Signing up for this program only requires your email address to be able to create an account. One can enroll either online or instore. The OneAsics membership does not expire, and if one decides to delete their account, they can do so by just making sure they are logged in to their account and going to a specific page from the Asics site and following the steps.
The availability of OneAsics if for now limited. It was first launched in the UK and in December 2017, it was introduced only in some selected retail locations in London. Asics will be extending OneAsics to more countries worldwide in 2018.
15 best Asics sneakers
- Asics Curreo II
- Asics Gel Lyte Runner
- Asics Gel Diablo
- Asics Gel Lyte III
- Asics Gel Lyte MT
- Asics Gel Lyte V
- Asics Gel Saga
- Asics Gel Kayano Trainer Knit
- Asics Gel Mai
- Asics Gel Lyte V Sanze Knit
- Asics Gel Kayano 5 OG
- Asics Gel Kayano Trainer EVO
- Asics Gel DS Trainer OG
- Asics Gel Lique
- Asics Gel Saga SOU
A score from 1 to 100 that summarizes opinions from users and experts. The average CoreScore is 78. More...