Puma Clyde Frosted
Best price from 54 shops
We earn affiliate commissions at no extra cost to you when you buy through us.
82% say it's true to size.
Overview of this review
Good to know
The Puma Clyde Frosted fits comfortably on foot like other Clyde variations. Generally true to size, this low-top is available for both men and women with sizes ranging from 7 to 13 in D Standard width for men and 5 to 11 in B Standard width for the ladies. Flexible and non-restrictive movement is made possible by the shoe's low-cut structure. The secure and supportive fit is expected as well, thanks to the adjustable lace-up closure and a tongue loop tab. Overall hold and support are excellent considering Clyde's basketball shoe DNA.
The Puma Clyde Frosted is not your ordinary old-school kick for everyday functions. It flaunts a premium look that can be attributed to the rich nubuck upper in dark and rocky colors that are perfect for the winter. Some earlier colorways even feature metallic accents on the toe, heel, and tongue for a bit of a feminine touch.
Though designed with modern upgrades, the timeless charm of the Clyde is still evident on this shoe. Like the iconic Clyde in the ‘70s, the Clyde Frosted is a versatile pair of kicks that anyone, at any age, can wear with anything.
In 2018, the iconic Clyde shoe made another comeback with the introduction of the Puma Clyde Frosted sneakers. These Pumas have distinct similarities to the core silhouette, but material upgrades are undeniable.
The upper of this particular version of the Clyde utilizes premium and luxurious nubuck leather material, which can withstand the harsh weather conditions during the colder months. Older releases feature Clyde’s signature flat laces, but recent releases took these out and replaced them with woven and rounded ones for a fresh look fit in the winter.
The Puma Clyde is undeniably one of the classic shoes that Puma ever created. Its consistent presence in the sneaker market for decades already shows no sign of stopping as more and more colorways, versions, and collaborations continue to release one after another.
It is a shoe that carries with it a huge chunk of the brand's history. It started when it released in 1973 as a basketball shoe made especially for basketball superstar Walt "Clyde" Frazier. It was based on the Puma Suede silhouette, but broader and lighter to suit Frazier’s on-court performance. Then, because of its simple yet stylish look and functional features, it eventually reached consumers outside basketball courts. It became a staple shoe for skateboarders and a favorite in the hip-hop community.
In 2018, Puma released the Puma Clyde Frosted pack which comprises two colorways of the Puma Clyde Frosted iteration – the Black / White colorway and the Navy / White colorway. This latest Clyde version features a full elegant nubuck leather upper with leather liner accents, woven cotton laces, and a classic white Clyde tooling.
- The Puma Clyde Frosted features lightly cushioned tongue and collar for extra in-shoe comfort. The footbed is cushioned as well.
- Puma Clyde branding is visible on the side panels, while the Puma’s Jumping Cat logo is placed on the tongue and heel. However, recent colorways lack the Jumping Cat logo on the heel, and the brandings on the sides and tongue are embossed and are of the same color as the upper.
- All colorways of the Puma Clyde Frosted for both men and women show Puma’s signature Formstrip on the side panels of each shoe per pair.
- Like any other Clyde versions, the Clyde Frosted also has perforation details on the sides near the Formstrip for breathability.
- The white midsoles are textured and have that classic Puma look.
- The rubber outsole provides excellent grip and traction on any surface.