Good to know
Hugging the foot with the signature fit of the Puma Basket shoe, the Puma Basket Platform is covered in quality materials for its upper, keeping the foot in superb comfort. The silhouette displays the traditional lace-up closure system that helps in locking down the foot in a comfortable manner. Also, the low-top Puma Basket Platform is available in women’s sizing.
An iconic design that never fails to go out of style, the Puma Basket silhouette keeps up with the trend as the brand continues to freshen up the silhouette with various iterations, and artistically blending the essence of sports and style.
Giving a bit of height to the Puma Basket silhouette, displaying a touch of femininity, Puma offers the Puma Basket Platform. The addition of the platform sole to the classic silhouette gives an edgier yet still fun appeal to the sneaker, allowing the wearer to either dress up or dress down as they wear the shoe.
With the style flexibility of this low-top sneaker, various ensembles go perfectly with it, giving women the freedom to be experimental with their outfits. Below are the suggested ways on how to style a pair of Puma Basket Platform shoes:
- Throw in a pair of short shorts or a pair of one’s favorite jeans and a t-shirt, and one’s good to go.
- If one opts for a more feminine look, but with a touch of rugged style, the Puma Basket Platform sneakers complement well either a mini dress or a long one.
- To achieve a cool all-black look, women can match their Puma Basket Platform in black with black leather leggings and a black tunic dress or a slightly oversized black tunic top.
- A pair of Puma Basket Platform in white or red can stylishly look elegant with a black wool blazer coat and a white crew-neck sweater underneath along with cropped flared jeans.
It’s all about the height when it comes to the women’s Puma Basket Platform. The low-top silhouette, as what its name states, features the platform sole that gives it a distinctive characteristic and more impact to its classic image. This design iteration for the iconic Puma Basket silhouette that is intended for women captured the attention of many including celebrities as it also displays a rather fashion-forward appeal.
The Dassler brothers, Rudolf and Adolf, founded the “Gebruder Dassler Schuchfabrik” in 1924. They started their factory at their parents’ house in Herzogenaurach, Germany. After 48 years of founding the company, the brothers had fallen out. They separated and established their own respective companies. Adolf founded Adidas while Rudolf launched Puma.
The first footwear that Puma launched was the “Atom” which was the first football boot that convinced several athletes because of its performance. In fact, in 1950, several West Germany national team members wore them in the early post-war football match against the Switzerland team.
Rudolf collaborated with experts such as Sepp Herberger to develop and launch the world’s first boot with screw-in studs. The launch was successful, and Puma marked the beginning of its football heritage.
In 1973, Walt “Clyde” Frazier, a famous basketball player was asked by Puma to design a custom-made pair of Suedes. It was wider and lighter. With Frazier’s moniker stamped on the side, the Puma Clyde is born.
Aside from the Puma Clyde, other revolutionary footwear was released in the market. One of which was the Puma Basket. This classic basketball sneaker marked its popularity since 1971. The Puma Basket silhouette is originally the leather counterpart of the Puma Suede.
The silhouette of the Basket carries the same clean and classic construction as the Suede as it was created with the Suede tooling. The leather iteration given to the classic design of the shoe delivered a slightly sophisticated look for the new silhouette.
Making to the list of Puma’s iconic silhouettes, the Puma Basket also built a solid image as a fashion-forward sneaker, and acquired popularity in the street-style fashion. It made the silhouette to stay relevant even after decades since its inception.
Variations for the Puma Basket were released by the brand, keeping up with the continuous evolution of fashion trend and also with the demand of the consumers. One iteration made to the Puma Basket silhouette was the addition of the platform sole, giving more height to the shoe.
- The material used on the upper of the Puma Basket Platform varies on the date of release and with its colorway. Upper can be made of suede, canvas or leather material.
- Popular variations include the Puma Basket Platform Metallic, Core, Patent, Glitter, and the Puma Basket Platform Trace Gold.
- Flat laces are available for the shoe.
- Puma branding is found on the tongue and the heel of the sneaker.
- The signature Puma Formstrip is displayed on the sides of the silhouette.
- The silhouette is seen on the foot of some female celebrities in the likes of Kylie Jenner.