Who should buy the Columbia Cascade Pass Waterproof
The Columbia Cascade Pass Waterproof delivers a satisfying performance on the trails. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking boot that is ready for the challenges of the ever-changing condition of the outdoors.
- Prefer a hiking boot that offers water protection and breathability.
- Prefer a hiking boot that renders grip on most types of terrain.
Updates to :name
- The Columbia Cascade Pass Waterproof is ready for the challenges of the ever-changing condition of the outdoors. Its protective and flexible upper is lined with the brand’s very own Omni-Tech, a membrane that makes the boot waterproof and breathable.
- Underfoot, this boot for day hiking carries brand-owned technologies. It is equipped with the Techlite midsole for lightweight and durable cushioning. Its Omni-Grip outsole renders grip on most types of terrain.
Size and fit
The Columbia Cascade Pass Waterproof is a day hiking boot which caters to men and women. It is offered in standard and wide widths for men and comes in medium width only for women. It reasonably runs true to size. The boot has a traditional lace-up closure which permits users to customize the fit.
This mid-cut day hiking boot has a non-marking rubber outsole made of the Omni-Grip compound. Its lug pattern is designed to bite on a variety of ground surfaces. It also helps secure a foothold when carrying a load during hikes.
Provides toe protection
The unit slightly extends upward in the toe area to provide a decent amount of protection against bumps.
Durable and absorbs shock
To deliver a comfortable ride, it features the brand-owned Techlite, a lightweight midsole unit. It renders durable cushioning and absorbs negative ground impacts.
Excellent energy return
Upon push-offs, its foam expands back to its unloaded shape, increasing energy return.
The upper of the Cascade Pass Waterproof combines nubuck, suede, mesh, and webbing which grants protection and flexibility. Inside is a seam-sealed membrane, the Omni-Tech, which keeps the foot dry and fresh by preventing water intrusions and allowing it to breathe.
Easy to wear
Its toe and heel area are reinforced with rubber rand for added durability and protection. The tongue and collar are cushioned for comfort. A pull tab at the rear facilitates easy on and off. Lastly, its closure system uses around lace with four sets of metal loops and two pairs of open hooks at the top.