Shoes or boots for hikes that only last for half a day. Flexibility and lightness are the highlights of these kinds of footwear. See the best day hiking shoes and the best day hiking boots.
For multi-day trips with a heavy pack. Manufacturers emphasize durability and support in the creation of backpacking boots. See backpacking boots
Designed for users who want to cover a greater distance by going fast, usually with a light pack. See speed hiking shoes.
Boots that grant insulation to the user during hikes. See winter hiking boots.
Mainly sandals. Aside from hiking they can be used for other purposes such as water activities. See multi-sport hiking sandals.
Good to know
Casual hikers can choose day hiking footwear or multi-sport sandals. More info here.
Water-repellent boots offer basic protection from water splashes and rain and still have some breathability. But if you want full protection, go for the waterproof options.
Shoes that weigh less than 16 oz (450 grams)
Shoes with easily removable insoles that can accommodate custom orthotics.
Minimalist hiking shoes in which the heel is placed at the same height as the toes, as if you were standing on something flat. This allows for a more natural walking experience. Not recommended for beginners though.
Shoes designed in a way that their worn out sole can be replaced with a new one.
Placed in the heel section of the outsole, this component helps to minimize slipping and sliding on steep descents.
Shoes with a special lining that prevents growth of harmful bacteria.
Red laces serve more for style than function. A nod to retro hiking shoes.
Overall catalog lists
Similar catalog lists
- Women's waterproof hiking shoes
- Women's Salomon hiking shoes
- Women's Merrell hiking shoes
- Women's Columbia hiking shoes
- Women's KEEN hiking shoes
- Women's Nike hiking shoes
- Women's Adidas hiking shoes
- Women's water hiking shoes
- Women's lightweight hiking shoes
- Women's Oboz hiking shoes
- Women's light hiking shoes
- Women's summer hiking shoes
- Best hiking shoes
- Best waterproof hiking shoes for women
- Best lightweight hiking shoes for women
- Best water hiking shoes for women
- Best Merrell hiking shoes for women
- Best Salomon hiking shoes for women
- Best Adidas hiking shoes for women
- Best Columbia hiking shoes for women
- Best KEEN hiking shoes for women
- Best light hiking shoes for women