Adidas shoes typically run large. The brand recommends ordering a full size down than your typical lifestyle shoe size to obtain the fit advantage of the low-top Adidas Stan Smith Bold. This very stylish women’s sneaker is made with a traditional lace-up closure that offers a personalized, secure fit. The sizing options are from 4 to 12 US and available in medium width.
The low-profile Adidas Stan Smith Bold is a charmer for women consumers as its chunky sole instantly catches attention. This edition that offers a genuinely retro vibe puts a clean, and very crisp finish to the court-inspired, heritage shoe, the original 1970s Adidas Stan Smith. Available in various colorways and textures, these pumps elevate one’s style and offer a swanky touch to any laid-back wardrobe and even corporate casuals. These clothes include super soft jeans, skinny bottom, dresses, and skirts.
The classic 1970s men’s tennis shoe, the Adidas Stan Smith, is refashioned into a more contemporary-looking silhouette, in classic style or pastel shades, exclusively made for the women. This sneaker branded as the low-top Adidas Stan Smith Bold is made lovelier with the double sole thickness paired with the OG-resembling upper in leather or suede finish. The extra height on the sole offers an ultra-chic appeal to the all-time best-selling Adidas model.
It was post-Christmas and the start of 2016 when Adidas dropped a brand new design for its most-loved tennis-inspired sneaker, beaming in double height advantage, called the Adidas Stan Smith Bold. These pumped-up kicks carry the retro-style Stan Smith upper construction with a throwback of the 1990s platform-styled shoes as this model is made with a thick sole --meant to charm the fashion savvy women consumers.
While many might think that the high surge of the Stan Smith came from a recent craze, this shoe primarily originated way, way back from the 1970s, marketed as a men’s tennis shoe. Its original silhouette is built with a conservative, all-white leather endorsed by the world’s top seeder at that time Stan Smith.
In the 1980s, Stan Smith gradually evolved from a court-shoe favorite to a lifestyle sneaker as streetwear fashion started to create a strong vibe, pushing brands to produce more casual, comfy kicks. A multitude of Stan Smith retroes was released in the coming years bearing the familiar face of the two-time Grand Slam champ onto the tongue. The popularity of this shoe made it a best-selling model of Adidas with versions for the women wearers too.
More variations of the vintage-style Adidas Stan Smith sneaker began to come out such as the use of Velcro straps instead of the traditional lace-up closures in the mid-1990s. The upper was also swapped with a variety of colors and textiles while retaining the central DNA of the shoe.
The Stan Smith made an even stronger comeback in the Fall of 2014 during the New York Fashion Week, after a short period of hiatus for about a year. Its return opened doors for customization where sneaker enthusiasts can create their very own version of the Stan Smith from a choice of upper materials, designs, and textures.
Two years later, the brand came up with an elevated sole named the Adidas Stan Smith Bold, mainly tapping women shoppers. This sneaker, dropped in October 2016, was an attention-grabber, appearing so chic yet robust with its purely leather upper resting on a thick midsole platform.
Having a resemblance to its earlier iterations, the low-profile Adidas Stan Smith Bold features a bright white, retro base design, and perforated Three-Stripe labeling on the side panels. The initial drop in Collegiate Red colorway replaces the conventional green accents with red detailing on the tongue and heel tab, which makes it a real standout in the crowd. This release was immediately followed by the OG colorway which retailed at around $140.
In the Summer of 2017, Adidas came out with soft pastel shades of this sleek model exclusively for the women. One of the prominent colorways is the leather-built Icey Pink with very faint luster on the tongue and rear areas. Another is the Tactile Green made with a supple suede cover and leather accents on the tongue and heel.
In the Fall of the same year, Adidas released a Crystal White offering also in suede with matching herringbone tread pattern on the outsole. This drop was followed by the release of other variations in subdued tones and single-colored upper, such as a Black iteration with a white, polka black heel tab design.
- The low-top Adidas Stan Smith Bold comes in a selection of full-grain leather upper with leather lining and in suede cover with leather accents.
- This edition carries the trademark perforated Three-Stripe branding on the medial and lateral panels.
- A sneaker that features the most noticeable Stan Smith mug on the tongue, in a debossed finish.
- Made with padded collar for added comfort.
- The ivory rubber sole is made with herringbone pattern which offers excellent grip.
- The classic Adidas Stan Smith is a spin-off of the 1965 all-white leather tennis shoe named the Adidas Robert Haillet. When this 1960s world’s tennis best retired, Adidas teamed up with Smith who was the top tennis contender in the 1970s to carry on and endorse the same silhouette as the Haillet’s.
- The mug on the Adidas Stan Smith started to appear on the tongue of the shoe in 1978.
- American model Hailey Baldwin, daughter of actor Stephen Baldwin, was seen clad in the Adidas Stan Smith Bold and a Manning Cartell off-duty pants strutting the LA street in August 2017.
- American fashion designer and a former Victoria Secret Angel from 2011 to 2014 is seen in Re/done Leandra washed jeans and Stella McCartney Black Flabella Go Backpack in May 2017.