Wilson Kaos 3.0
Best price from 30 shops
We earn affiliate commissions at no extra cost to you when you buy through us.
95% say it's true to size.
Overview of this review
Profile of the Wilson Kaos 3.0
Who is it best for? If you're a competitive and dynamic player searching for a multi-court tennis footgear equipped for speed, you might find the Wilson Kaos 3.0 one that's worth snagging. Aside from its lightweight composition, this speed trainer ticks all the essential elements needed for serious tennis matches:
- its forefoot is graced with a synthetic reinforcement for stability
- cushioning is added under the heel for shock-absorption, comfort, and improved propulsion
- its hard-wearing rubber with grippy treads takes up the outsole
Updates to the Kaos 3.0
- A lighter format replaces the Skinguard web arrangement of the previous version.
- Wilson Kaos 3.0 features mesh windows stretched throughout the upper to enhance the airflow.
- It has a thinner tongue compared to the Kaos 2.0.
- With a modified upper composition, this updated model projects a minimalist and more streamlined aesthetic than its predecessor.
Built-to-last rubber. Duralast is the property administered at the bottom section of the shoe. This rubber proponent found in most Wilson tennis shoes is made up of a high-density compound that can withstand pressure, wear, and damage caused by recurrent friction between the shoe and the ground surface.
Multi-court ready tread. Such a non-marking outsole that's common to Wilson Kaos shoes is designed with a herringbone tread pattern from heel to toe. The curved lugs are strategically placed on the sole to grant a good amount of give and grab that's suitable for playing on any court surface.
Underfoot protection. It offers a soft layer of protection underfoot with the presence of the R-DST+ cushioning technology. This Wilson-developed feature that's composed of ethylene vinyl acetate works to buffer the foot as it hits the ground. This element is also ready to deliver energy return that permits the user to drive smoothly towards the ball.
Stable arch support. The Pro Torque Chassis (PTC) Light, which is infixed below the midfoot arch, works to provide torsional control. This underfoot bridge is meant to keep the heel planted on the ground firmly even during compromising shots while allowing the forefoot the needed mobility. PTC Light has the same stability and flexibility attributes as the standard Pro Torque Chassis, except that the former is oriented for speed with its ultra-lightweight makeup.
Heel offset. Wilson designs its shoes with varying degrees of heel drop. The added fraction of height to the heel is meant to cushion the impact during foot strike. Wilson Kaos 3.0 is marked under DF2 (Dynamic Fit), which means it comes with an approximately 9mm heel offset. Such an extra layer of padding grants comfortable movements, low-to-the-ground feel, and support during fast movements.
Added protective wrapping. The patented Skinguard synthetic sheet is overlaid across the mesh upper. This element puts another layer of protection to the forefoot to extend the shoe's life span. It's also created to clasp the forefoot, deliver lateral reinforcement, and administer support during push-offs. The Skinguard is designed with narrow windows to promote breathability.
Adaptive inner sock. For enhanced comfort and a lockdown fit, the shoe is designed with the Endofit technology. The wearer can expect natural fit as this full inner sock construction embraces the foot to provide stability during multidirectional trajectories. A removable Orthlolite insole offers added comfort.
Adjustable lace loops. The ghillie lacing system is retractable to promote a more individualized fit.
Nice to know
- A tongueless variation is called Wilson Kaos 3.0 SFT.
- Wilson's Kaos trainers are considered among the lightest selections in the tennis footwear department.
- Wilson Kaos shoes are typically crafted with modern aesthetics, adaptive fit, and assembled with light proponents.
- The SFT options under the Kaos series are generally assembled with a bootie upper makeup to secure and cinch the foot down.