Good to know
What's new? Wilson did an extreme makeover with the Amplifeel 2.0 by dropping its weight while increasing its levels of stability, breathability, and responsiveness:
- It maintains the core components of the pilot model while getting a lighter, tailored, and reshaped collar for improved control and steadiness on any court surface.
- The updated Sensifeel upper is modestly layered with mesh to promote ventilation while offering a secure fit.
- A regenerated midfoot support chassis is responsible for torsional control and balance during pivots and sudden changes in direction.
- The combined cushioning from the R-DST+, EVA midsole, and moisture-wicking Ortholite are utilized to work as the primary sources of comfort.
This trainer shares the same notable underside element found in the Wilson Rush Pro lineup, which is the Duralast. Such highly-compact and durable rubber compound is well-equipped to take on the harshness of the different court setups. The deep tread design is meant to provide a solid foothold, whether the athletic footgear is sported on clay or hard court.
Cushioning. The advance R-DST+ system is the chief proponent of the heavily-padded midsole that’s in-charge in dispensing a responsive ride. Such an upgraded unit utilizes EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate) material that’s prepared to provide impact absorption and rebound.
Heel drop. Amplifeel 2.0 is classified with a DF2 elevation or a dynamic fit that’s equivalent to a 9mm heel-to-toe drop. This low-to-the-court construction allows the wearer to stay connected to the ground for a more natural movement, while still getting sufficient amount of cushioning.
Support. The heel-to-toe 4D Support Chassis hinders the foot from rolling towards the outer edges. As the mechanism limits torsion, it helps the user to spring up for forceful strokes while maintaining stability.
The 3D-FS plate integrated into the forefoot is devised to deliver support, heightened responsiveness, optimum acceleration, and well-coordinated slowing down.
Supportive straps. Belonging to the Amplifeel family, this shoe is crafted with a soft strap that hugs the ankle for locked-in support as the wearer propels at different trajectories or swings laterally along the baseline.
Breathable layering. This remodeled version of the Amplifeel is utilized with the Sensifeel 2.0 in minimal layers of engineered mesh. This improved composition is assembled to boost airflow, supportive fit, and comfort minus the excessive weight. The increased support from the upper is intended to give the user the ticket to accelerate laterally at the baseline.
Comfy inner sole. Adding another layer of comfort and stability is the Endofit full inner sock construction. It helps keep the foot snugged with its form-fitting structure.
- The Wilson Amplifeel 2.0 is obtainable in men's US sizing. Women buyers are advised to add 1.5 to get their corresponding US sizing.
- The Three Stripes also has a mid-top tennis footgear, the Adidas Stycon Laceless for hard court and clay court.