Who should buy Vans SK8-Hi MTE 2.0 DX
The Vans SK8-Hi MTE 2.0 DX maintains a silhouette that knows no time and boundary in fashion. A high-top design, padded ankle collar, and soft fabric lining were integrated into the shoe to promote foot protection and support. It also sports a traditional lace-up closure to ensure a secure fit and removable UltraCush foam insole to provide a pleasant ride. It is a solid option if:
- You are looking for kicks that provide sufficient traction on wet and dry surfaces.
- You prefer a shoe that matches well with various clothing from jeans to chinos or from biker jackets to cardigans.
Style of Vans SK8-Hi MTE 2.0 DX
Experience a snow boot in a sneaker with the Vans SK8-Hi Boot MTE 2.0 DX. With a classic heritage, this shoe is infused with weatherized product innovation. It is designed to provide style and comfort in the middle of cold days.
With a level-up style, this unisex sneaker can stylishly complete and jazz up a variety of casual OOTDs. Below are some of the suggestions:
- For a versatile off-duty look, this sneaker looks good with a pair of black distressed denim jeans, a white shirt, and a light blue denim jacket.
- To create an instant appeal, a pair of tobacco chinos and a navy windbreaker can work with this kick.
- For a sharp look, the Vans SK8-Hi MTE 2.0 DX can be matched with charcoal chinos and a black overcoat.
- The Vans SK8-Hi MTE 2.0 DX can be paired with black leggings, a white shirt, and a black leather biker jacket, creating a cool casual look.
- To look fashionable and enjoy comfort, ladies can wear black or white shorts and sweatshirts to match this shoe. It will give a laidback yet sophisticated style.
- For an off-duty outfit, this shoe can complement navy skinny jeans, a white shirt, and a grey cardigan.
The Vans SK8-Hi MTE 2.0 DX is a manifestation that a shoe can be functional without undermining comfort and style. It showcases innovation and fashion.
Ready to face the cold weather, this sneaker features weatherized and Scotchguard-treated suede upper that keeps the foot dry and warm. It also highlights a heat-retention layer in the drop-in sockliner to ensure the cold out and keep the heat in.
Apart from the upper, this shoe also boasts long-lasting cushioning comfort using its UltraCush sockliner.
It is equipped with a durable outsole with a reverse lug waffle pattern for a sure-footed grip on dry and wet surfaces.
History of Vans SK8-Hi MTE 2.0 DX
The legendary SK8-Hi or previously known as the Style 38 was initially launched in 1978. It was created to provide better ankle support and protection, which the Old Skool was unable to deliver.
Skaters needed this kind of protection because, most often than not, they abused their lower extremities. It was the SK8-Hi that offered the functionality they needed. Over time, this classic silhouette also made it not only in the skateboarding world but also in the fashion scene.
Since its inception, the SK8-Hi is re-rereleased countless times using different materials, applying new concepts, and fusing innovation. One of them is Vans SK8-Hi MTE 2.0 DX.
This Mountain Edition footwear has an upper made of suede and leather material that can keep the foot dry. Inside the shoe is vacuum-coated aluminum Strobel board between the midsole and sockliner to maintain up to nine degrees of heat, keeping to foot warm.
To provide a comfortable ride, the UltraCush insole is installed. By the way, it is removable to accommodate personal orthotics. There is a pull tab on the tongue and collar for easy on and off. The tongue is gusseted to keep the debris out.
With a vulcanized construction, it provides flexibility. It has a lug rubber outsole, which is inspired by Vans' snow boot history, that delivers reliable traction. Also, the toe cap has a rubber reinforcement to combat repeated wear.
Nice to know about the Vans SK8-Hi MTE 2.0 DX
- DX means Deluxe, while MTE means MounTain Edition.
- Pull tabs have a reflective material that can be seen in low-light conditions.
- Vans unveiled its Mountain Edition Footwear and Apparel in the fall of 2014.