Reviews from around the internet
- 98/100 by Adventure Journal
- 90/100 by The Big Outside
- 79/100 by OutdoorGearLab
- 95/100 by Backpacker
- 80/100 by Wirecutter
- 100/100 by Very Well Fit
- 100/100 by Digital Trends
- 100/100 by Ski Haus Steamboat
- 100/100 by Rivertons.com
- 90/100 by Switchback Travel
- 90/100 by Shoulders of Giants
- 90/100 by Mountain IQ
- 80/100 by Dirtbag Dreams
Video reviews and unboxing
- The Scarpa Zodiac Plus GTX backpacking boot is the Zodiac Tech’s more flexible version. Its suede leather enclosure has ample weather protection, thanks to its waterproof yet breathable Gore-Tex liner.
- This footwear is engineered with the Sock-Fit DV tongue. This component leaves no gaps on its sides, walling off debris and preventing bunching and hotspots as a result.
Scarpa’s Zodiac Plus GTX is a fairly true-to-size, mid-cut trekking boot for both men and women. Width-wise, it is intended for regular-footed individuals. It comes in a number of whole and half sizes. Lockdown personalization is via the footwear’s to-the-toe lacing system. The Sock-Fit DV tongue allows wearers to achieve a pressure-free instep fit. It is built on a BZ last to deliver a precise fit.
Primarily responsible for securing the trekker’s footing on rough terrain is the boot’s Vibram Drumlin outsole. As it is based on the Mont compound, this aggressively lugged and treaded component gets to perform well even in higher altitudes. It is also engineered with a heel brake—offering adequate aid while going downhill.
Granting stability, cushioning, and shock absorption underfoot is the Zodiac Plus GTX’s midsole. It is made with a combination of ethylene-vinyl acetate and polyurethane, which means this stout layer has a nice blend of lightness, toughness, and compression resistance. Additional cushioning is brought forth by the boot’s Pro textile footbed.
The Scarpa Zodiac Plus GTX owes its fuzzy look to its 1.8-mm Perwanger suede leather upper. Its mid-cut shaft and Sock-Fit DV tongue are adequately padded for additional comfort. Its bootie is crafted with the Gore-Tex Performance Comfort membrane, fencing out intrusive water while keeping the boot’s interior amply ventilated. This velvety upper is also protected from scrapes and scuffs with its rubberized heel and forefoot zones.
Metallic open hooks and regular eyelets make up the lacing hardware of the boot. They are made functionally complete with the footwear’s synthetic laces.