Reviews from around the internet
- 92/100 by Hiking Lady Boots
- 80/100 by Backpacker
- 65/100 by The Great Outdoors
- 100/100 by Ellis Brigham Mountain Sports
- 100/100 by MilitaryTimes
- 95/100 by The Longer Route
- 90/100 by TheOutdoorGearReview
- 90/100 by Dirtbag Dreams
- 85/100 by Backpackgeartest
- 85/100 by Snowshoe Magazine
- 80/100 by Webtogs
- 74/100 by OutdoorGearLab
- 70/100 by LogansAdventures
- 4.2/5 by Amazon (+20)
Video reviews and unboxing
- Unique to the Scarpa Kailash GTX men's and women's boots are the soft and flexible uppers that offer plush support and durable protection.
- This redesigned version of Scarpa's best-selling trail boot is constructed through the Active Fit technology meant to absorb the negative impact of ground shock, therefore reducing the impact on the feet and preventing fatigue.
- It's equipped with a grippy Vibram outsole that features multidirectional lugs that bite into different surfaces.
Despite being a backpacking boot, the Kailash GTX features a soft and flexible upper for max comfort. It has a padded tongue and collar for a comfortable fit. Also, its lace-to-toe construction lets you adjust the tightness around the toes and ankle separately.
The sides of the upper have leather reinforcement for structure and support while the high shaft gives decent ankle support. It also comes with an inbuilt flex point that allows the toes to bend naturally.
The Kailash boots feature beefy Vibram outsoles that suit different types of terrain. They have aggressive lugs that bite into hard and soft surfaces, from concrete to mud, sand, grass, and snow. Meanwhile, the hard edges promote stability on rough terrain and the flat, toe section similar to that of approach shoes, is designed for scrambling.
The Vibram soles used in these boots are thick and a bit heavy, making the Kailash GTX a medium-weight hiker.
For the midsole, the Kailash GTX uses polyurethane (PU) which is heavier and denser than EVA but is much more robust. This material is a little stiff which makes it ideal for backpacking where you will be carrying a heavy load. For added support and cushioning, the boot comes with Comfort-Flex Plus insole.
This Scarpa hiking boot combines Ripstop and leather for enhanced protection and comfort on the trail. Ripstop is a nylon fabric that is soft, stretchable, and resistant to wearing and tearing. More interestingly, it offers a glove-like fit. The majority of the upper, particularly the sides, is made of leather which protects against abrasion. It also comes with a rubber rand and firm TPU toe cap that protects the boot from bruises and keeps the foot safe from sharp hazards on the trail.
The boot interior is lined with Gore-Tex for protection against rain and water. Gore-Tex offers superior protection against external moisture, though it can get a little too warm in extremely hot days.