Who should buy the Kinvara 8
In the 8th installment of the Kinvara, Saucony provides a sleeker profile by virtue of a more refined use of the FlexFilm overlays and new mesh. This running shoe is highly recommended if:
- You are a neutral pronator looking for a dependable running shoe for daily use
- You want a versatile running shoe that can support any type of footstrike pattern
Updates to the Saucony Kinvara 8
- Thinner fused overlays with an almost-transparent appearance for a more compact look
- A higher stack height for more cushioning
- Interior lining with RunDry fabric for comfort and moisture-wicking properties
- Mesh upper with slightly bigger holes for better ventilation
Flexibility and durability combined
The outsole is basically an extension of the injection molded EVA or IMEVA (SSL in Saucony’s dictionary) in the midsole.
Providing a touch of stability in the heel is Saucony’s own XT-900 carbon rubber, which is also used in the Saucony Kinvara 10.
The Tri-Flex outsole evens out impact all throughout the underfoot, gives improved flexibility, and a platform for more stability. There are also softer strips of iBR+ rubber in the forefoot for traction and a little more durability in the Kinvara 8.
A responsive yet lightweight cushioning
The midsole is basically a moderately thick slab of SSL that runs the full length of the shoe.
Saucony adds a layer of Everun in the top sole for that lightweight and cushioned responsiveness. Both these are full-length in design so there is consistent cushioning and a smoother transition through the gait cycle.
The Kinvara 8's minimalist coverage
The very minimalist upper is largely made up of Open Mesh with laser cut perforations for a very breathable coverage.
Giving the shoe a sturdy, but exceptionally lightweight support are the thin and fused overlays called the FlexFilm. The ProLock system holds the midfoot very well without localizing pressure.
For instep comfort and sweat-wicking properties, a RunDry fabric covers part of the interior and the heel. Saucony also uses a removable insole for more cushioning and an inner sleeve for a foot-hugging fit in the Kinvara 8.