Who should buy the Salomon XA Pro 3D CS WP
The Salomon XA Pro 3D CS WP is a running shoe that boasts a balance of durability and comfort, on top of exceptional stability and performance on the trails. Grab a pair of these running shoes if:
- You want a trail running shoe that has waterproofing capabilities.
- You need a long-distance shoe for fell running that caters to neutral pronators.
Updates to the XA Pro 3D CS WP
- Waterproof ClimaShield lining that protects from water and provides warmth and comfort during winter
- Heavily-enforced upper with Sensifit overlays for exceptional hold and support
- Trail-specific outsole unit that provides specified protection against bruises and other damages
Tough and durable outsole
The outsole of this Salomon trail running shoe is a combination of tough carbon rubber in the heel and other critical areas for durability while a large part of the underfoot is composed of sticky blown rubber for exceptional traction.
The lugs are moderate in size and designed for multi-directional grip. This outsole configuration is comparable to the Salomon Speedcross 5 in terms of sturdiness and grip.
Enhanced transitions with the XA Pro 3D CS WP
The midsole of the Salomon XA Pro 3D CS WP uses a full-length injection-molded EVA for standard cushioning, durability, and responsiveness. As it covers the whole midsole, the landing to take-off process is enhanced.
Sitting in the heel and going to the midfoot is a TPU shank called the 3D Advanced Chassis system. It keeps both areas stable and also moves the transition a bit quicker and more efficiently.
A feature-packed upper unit
Dominating the upper of the shoe CS WP model of the XA Pro 3D is the thick Sensifit overlays. These basically make up the heel support, the midfoot hold, and the comprehensive Mud Guard.
A thick mesh offers enough breathability while the CS WP technology lies beneath the mesh for winter protection and waterproofing capability.
Salomon’s QuickLace system allows for easy and convenient fitting.
A heel tab makes foot entry and exit convenient as well.
The EVA footbed adds a little more cushioning and support.