Reviews from around the internet
- To provide breathability and waterproofing to the X Ultra Trek GTX, Salomon has incorporated the Gore-Tex Performance Comfort technology to this boot. It offers moderate insulation and can work in a variety of outdoor conditions.
- Salomon formulated various chassis builds for different terrains. They have adapted the Advanced Chassis in this pair which is responsible for stability, protection and foot control.
- This backpacking boot has an EVA midsole reinforced with a molded shank to facilitate cushioning and support. The removable Ortholite footbed renders additional support by conforming to the user's foot. It is also lightweight.
- The Salomon patented Contagrip outsole is responsible for the X Ultra Trek GTX's traction. The composition of this outsole enables it to adapt to a variety of outdoor activities without sacrificing performance.
The X Ultra Trek GTX is offered in standard width and sizes for both men and women. It generally fits true to size. This Salomon boot uses a lace locker to enable users to customize fit according to their preference. It also secures the excess laces in place.
The proprietary outsole of Salomon, Contragrip, is armed in the X Ultra Trek GTX. Its multi-directional and aggressive lugs can grip securely on the ground. With its compounds of varying densities, the boot can adapt to different terrain. Likewise, the grippy outsole delivers durability.
X Ultra Trek GTX from Salomon uses an injected EVA foam. This material is known for its toughness, shock absorption and eco-friendliness. The molded shank, on the other hand, gives support to users. Shanks are essential in providing torsional rigidity. They prevent accidental twisting of the ankles.
The lightweight Ortholite footbed featured in this backpacking boot takes care of the cushioning. Its innovative open-cell foam technology gives the boot durable cushioning and breathability. It also allows moisture management. This footbed is also washable.
Salomon's Advanced Chassis, which is positioned between the midsole and the outsole, is a combination of features that optimize energy return, motion control and push through protection. It renders a responsive and stable ride to users.
The upper is made from a combination of waterproof nubuck and full grain leather. This construction complements each material’s weaknesses. Nubuck leathers are known to be wear-resistant but are vulnerable to prolonged exposure to moist. This shortcoming is augmented by the full-grain leather. This material can resist moisture and its durability is proven and tested over time.
Through its protective heel cap, the Salomon Ultra Trek GTX is able to provide rearfoot stability. The importance of rearfoot stability lies within the purpose of the human foot which is to balance the individual in every static and dynamic activity. Any misalignments on foot (forefoot, midfoot and forefoot) can cause injuries. Meanwhile, the rubber toe cap protects the foot against accidental bumps and thumps while traversing terrains. The mud guard, which wraps the base of the shoe, safeguards the users against mud and abrasion.
This pair has a gusseted tongue which helps keep small stones and other debris out. Its tongue and collar are also padded for comfort. The pull strap on the heel allows a straightforward fit adjustment.
The Gore-Tex Performance Comfort featured in this backpacking boot maintains breathability and waterproofness. This technology ensures that water stays on the outside while allowing moisture inside to escape, keeping the feet dry all day. It also provides a reasonable amount of insulation for colder conditions. In addition, the smooth textile lining in-shoe ensures that the feet remain fresh.
- Another backpacking option from Salomon: Quest 4D 3 GTX.