Who should buy the New Balance Postal 706 v2
The New Balance Postal 706 v2 is for you if:
- You are looking for a shoe that offers comfort when walking or standing for extended periods.
- A sneaker with enough room for toe splaying but remains tight in the heel area is what you need.
- You prefer a walking companion grippy enough to prevent slips and falls.
Who should not buy the New Balance Postal 706 v2
Wearers who have been sustaining foot fatigue, sore knees, and back pains lately might find the Postal 706 v2 unhelpful. Reports surfaced that the shoe doesn't have enough arch support to prevent such discomforts. Also, those who are after a shoe with a perfect fit might not also be satisfied with this NB pair. Some owners claimed that they found it to be tight, while others thought it was too wide. And if you are on a strict budget, the shoe's not-so-friendly price tag might not appeal to you as well. That said, you might want to have a look at other New Balance walking shoes and find the most appropriate pair for you.
Updates to New Balance Postal 706 v2
- The New Balance Postal 706 v2 is a walking shoe for postal workers who work long hours on their feet. It is approved by the USPS and is equipped with motion control technologies that reduce rearfoot movement.
- The midsole features the Rollbar posting system. This structure reinforces the sides of the heel so that it doesn’t compress and cause the foot to roll inwards or outwards.
- The outsole is made of polyurethane (PU). This compound is durable, flexible, and provides adequate traction. It also utilizes the Walking Strike Path which guides the foot during the walking gait cycle.
- As for the upper, it employs leather which delivers support to the foot. It also allows the trainer to be durable and last longer.
Size and fit
The New Balance Postal 706 v2 comes in both men’s and women’s sizes. The brand website states that it has a tendency to run large and consumers may need to order a size smaller. The men’s version is available in B - Narrow, D - Medium, 2E - Wide, and 4E - Extra Wide width options. Women are offered 2A - Narrow, B - Medium, D - Wide and 2E - Extra Wide widths.
Long-lasting and grippy bottom
The outsole of the New Balance Postal 706 v2 is made of polyurethane (PU). This compound is abrasion-resistant which allows the footwear to serve longer. PU provides traction on various surfaces.
It makes use of the Walking Strike Path feature which guides the foot during the walking gait cycle. It evenly distributes the weight of a person as the foot transitions from the heel to the toe. This maintains a balance as a result.
Taming the shock
The New Balance Postal 706 v2 employs a compression-resistant midsole cushion. This soft nature of the platform attenuates shock and prevents discomfort or injuries. It also retains its form to prevent loss of balance.
Like all motion control trainers from New Balance, the shoe utilizes the Rollbar posting system in the rear section. It is made of a molded plate that goes under the heel and connects the medial and lateral posts. This component reduces the rearfoot movement of the wearer to keep them steady.
Breathable upper unit
The New Balance Postal 706 v2 utilizes leather for its upper. This material is durable and flexible. It has vents on the vamp and the quarters to keep the foot chamber well-ventilated.
A traditional lace-up closure keeps the foot securely inside the trainer. The laces allow users to customize the fit, while the tongue prevents them from irritating the instep.
The lightly padded collar keeps the ankle area free from chafing. It also ensures that the foot doesn’t slip out of the footgear while the user is in motion.