Hoka One One Clifton 8: pillowy-soft daily trainer
Part of Hoka's proud daily running shoe lineup, the Clifton 8 remains a max-cushioned, ultra-comfortable, and cozy option.
As befits a Clifton shoe, it offers a soft, relaxed experience for long but easy everyday runs. All that along with keeping the weight under 9 oz (264 g).
Hoka Clifton 8 vs. Clifton 7: all the right updates
After the brand's unfortunate experiments with versions 4 and 5, Clifton fans became anxious about every new release. However, versions 6 and 7 were followed by a sigh of relief and number 8 is not an exception, retaining all the good things runners have come to love about the line.
What stayed the same:
- Comfortable upper: plush material; flared ("elf") heel collar that heeps rearfoot secured; a gusseted tongue that doesn't slide around
- Soft, generous cushioning: the right amount of bounce to keep your feet at ease on any distance
- Rocker geometry: smooth transitions
What got better:
- Lighter EVA midsole: the brand claims a 15% weight reduction in the foam
- Added rubber: contributes to durability and surefootedness