7 Best Snow Running Shoes in 2022
While other people stop and go home because the weather decides to snow, you continue to brave the elements and keep putting one foot in front of the other to reach your goals. For dedicated runners like you, the grind never stops.
That said, it is wise to exercise caution when running outside during the winter months. Having the proper snow running shoes that provide support and protection from the cold and slick surfaces is very important.
To help narrow down your best options, we’ve handpicked 30+ models of snow running shoes available in the market. To make our top recommendations, we’ve tested and analyzed each of them on the road, on the trails, and inside our shoe testing lab.
How we test running shoes
Every model on this list has been tested and evaluated by our team of wear-testers and editors here at RunRepeat. Aside from our own research, we’ve also gathered more information from other experts in the running shoe industry, as well as feedback and reviews from regular users.
To make the final cut, our entire approach includes:
- Purchasing all the shoes we test with our own money to ensure a 100% honest review.
- Performing a battery of mechanical tests inside our lab, which includes cutting the shoes into pieces and analyzing over 30 parameters, from midsole softness, durability, outsole traction, and many others.
- Going for short and long runs in cold temperatures and snowy conditions, averaging 30-40 miles on each model. We record every bit of valuable information we get from our rigorous wear tests.
- Gathering more additional data from other shoe experts and regular users who have tried the shoes.
To conclude our process, we calculate the CoreScore of each model (a rating of 0-100) based on the aggregated data above. This gives us an idea of how each model stacks up against the other 30+ snow running shoes in the database.
Best snow running shoes overall
Best road snow running shoes
Best trail snow running shoes
Best Nike snow running shoes
Best Asics snow running shoes
Best value snow running shoes
What are the most popular snow running shoes in 2022?
- Nike Pegasus Trail 3 GTX
- Altra Lone Peak 6
- Saucony Peregrine 12
- Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 38 Shield
- Saucony Xodus 11
- Salomon Madcross
- La Sportiva Cyklon
- Saucony Peregrine 11 GTX
- Adidas EQ21 Run Cold.RDY
- Topo Athletic MTN Racer 2
- Topo Athletic Ultraventure 2
- Topo Athletic Terraventure 3
- Brooks Cascadia 15 GTX
- Saucony Peregrine 12 ST
- The North Face Vectiv Infinite
What are the cheapest snow running shoes in 2022?
- Asics Trabuco Max - from £51
- Salomon Madcross - from £68
- Adidas EQ21 Run Cold.RDY - from £76
- Altra Lone Peak 6 - from £81
- Adidas Ultraboost Winter.RDY - from £91
- Nike Pegasus Trail 3 GTX - from £96
- Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 38 Shield - from £111
- Saucony Peregrine 11 GTX - from £116
- Saucony Peregrine 12 ST - from £127
- La Sportiva Cyklon - from £127
- Saucony Xodus 11 - from £131
- Saucony Peregrine 12 - from £132
- Salomon S-Lab Cross - from £132
- Topo Athletic Terraventure 3 - from £138
- The North Face Vectiv Infinite - from £147