Who should buy Danner Mt Adams
The Danner Mt Adams is a premium-priced boot for ideal for users who prefer leather. Purchase if:
- You require water protection
- If you find the stability and ankle protection from a mid-cut boot necessary
- You are wide-footed
Updates to Danner Mt Adams
- The Danner Mt Adams is ready for extended treks and steep climbs. Its double-stitched leather upper, plus the auxiliary features, optimizes trail performance.
- This boot for backpacking has a polyurethane midsole (with polypropylene board), nylon shank and a brand-owned Fatigue Fighter footbed. These materials grant the users a cushioned, comfortable and supportive ride.
- Its Vibram outsole is inspired by the second highest mountain in the Cascade Range. Hence, its formulation makes it durable and grippy, ready for the challenges of various trails.
Size and fit
The Danner Mt Adams is a true-to-size men’s-only backpacking boot. It comes in regular sizes with medium and wide width options.
This footgear is designed using the 851 last. This improved silhouette (from the 850 last) offers more room in the toe area. It has a contoured heel shape which helps prevent slippage and enhance rearfoot fit. The speed lace system enables users to swiftly adjust overall fit.
Grippy and stabilizing outsole
This mid-cut backpacking boot features the Vibram Mt Adams outsole. Its geometric lug pattern grips on most types of terrain. It also yields stability on bumpy grounds.
Some areas of the sole have a textured finish to prevent muck build-up.
Mt Adams' compression-resistant cushioning
The Mt Adams from Danner employs a polyurethane (PU) midsole. Its long-lasting cushioning is attributable to its resistance against constant compression. It is integrated with a full-length polypropylene board which withstands temperature changes and provides support.
The brand designers also incorporated a nylon shank which bolsters underfoot support. Additionally, a Fatigue Fighter footbed which has a PU layer cushions each ride. Its top layer is made of a quick-dry microfiber cloth. Arch support comes from its molded TPU cup.
Using an abrasion-resistant full-grain leather with nylon panels for its upper, the Danner Mt Adams renders durability and protection on the trails. To seal the boot against wet elements, a Gore-Tex laminate lines the boot. It also creates a breathable in-shoe environment. Its toe area is reinforced to shield against knocks.
Its collar and tongue are cushioned to give comfort. At the heel, a pull tab is attached to assist users in on and off. The hardware of its speed lace system includes a combination of D-rings and closed and open hooks.