Who should buy the Danner Crag Rat USA
The Danner Crag Rat is a shining example of a boot done right thanks to its magnificent collection of positives. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking boot that offers protection and support on extra-rugged trails.
- Prefer a hiking boot that offers water protection.
- Prefer a hiking boot that provides adequate grip over tricky terrain.
Updates to :name
- The Crag Rat USA from Danner is designed for hardcore hikers who frequent extra-rugged trails. It features the brand-owned technology Dynamic Response System which renders the boot protective, supportive, and, as its name suggests, responsive.
- A Gore-Tex membrane is imbued within the footgear’s liner for waterproofing. For adequate grip over tricky terrain, on the other hand, the boot is engineered with a hardwearing outsole from Vibram.
Size and fit
Danner’s Crag Rat USA, which according to the brand runs true to size, is a high-cut day hiking gear for men. It is offered in widths D – standard and 2E – wide. It comes in full and half sizes. It is built on Danner’s 851 last, making its interior snug at the heel yet spacious around the toe box. This last type also makes the footwear fit adequately supportive. A secure and personalized lockdown can be achieved via the gear’s front closure.
Improved sticking power over slick and soft-soiled surfaces
Giving users enough surface traction in the Crag Rat USA is the Vibram Tsavo outsole. It comes built with a sizable number of lugs to improve its sticking power over slick and soft-soiled surfaces. It is also engineered with a hooked heel to enhance the user’s maneuverability on descents.
Excellent arch support
The Danner Crag Rat USA’s stabilizing and cushioning capabilities come from its heavy-duty midsole made of polyurethane (PU). It is built with two subcomponents: a polypropylene board and a TPU shank. Both implements enhance the supportiveness of the boot, although the latter bolsters the footgear’s arch support specifically.
This cushy platform is topped with a three-layered, multi-density footbed from Ortholite for extra comfort and support underfoot. It is entirely made of open-cell PU.
Watertight and breathable
Full-grain leather virtually makes up the entirety of the Crag Rat USA’s high-top upper. The Gore-Tex laminate lining comes engineered with leaves the footwear amply watertight and breathable. For abrasion protection, its lower region is fully wrapped with a rubber rand. It is also capable of keeping debris out thanks to its seam-sealed tongue (a.k.a gusseted tongue).
Danner Crag Rat USA's lacing system
Slightly giving the leather boot a metallic sheen is its metallic eyelets. They are comprised of four pairs of D-rings and three pairs of open hooks. Its stout lace is made up of synthetic cords.