Review coming soon
Brooks Aurora-BL has just been released by Brooks. Our experts are working on a detailed review. Please, come back later.
Get an email when final verdict is ready:
Brooks Aurora-BL: fly me to the Moon
These days running shoe innovations do not come as a huge surprise. But Brooks managed to astonish reviewers with its wild-looking Aurora BL which strays so far away from a typical unshowy and muted Brooks running shoe.
No, there is no carbon plate here. But there are quite a few standout features that make it live up to the hype.
What makes Brooks Aurora so special
Apart from its audacious look, which is inspired by space exploration, the Aurora BL packs the following design tweaks:
- Plush, lively, and fun cushioning: The nitrogen-infused DNA Loft v3 is the softest of its kind (but not as soft as in the Brooks Glycerin). The brand uses larger cells which help to reduce weight while achieving a higher energy return as compared to v1 and v2.
- More flexibility, less clunkiness: The decoupled sole allows the heel to move independently from the rest of the midsole. It results in a more fluid ride, no matter the strike pattern.
- Max-cushioned yet light: Aurora comes with a deceivingly chunky midsole but weighs around 2 oz (60 g) lighter than the average maximalist shoe.
- Barely-there upper: The see-through upper has a texture reminiscent of the Nike Next%’s Vaporweave.
- “Crazy” reflective heel counter: Will make you visible from space.
With the release of Brooks Aurora BL, the brand definitely made a loud statement. Even if the steep $200 price and limited availability of this model will prevent many people from trying it, the shoe definitely left the running shoe fanatics looking forward to the future innovations from Brooks.
What is it best for?
It is a road running shoe for logging daily miles, be it a slow run or a tempo session. The shoe picks up the pace easily and provides lasting cushioning for long runs.
It is also a neutral shoe, meaning there is no support for flat feet or overpronation.