Adidas Terrex Speed Ultra
Best price from 31 shops
We earn affiliate commissions at no extra cost to you when you buy through us.
31% say it's too small, 69% say it's true to size.
Overview of this review
Adidas Terrex Speed Ultra: go fast, go long
Terrex Speed Ultra is a unique trail running shoe from Adidas. It can be best described as a cushioned racing flat for mixed terrain. Avid runners have compared it to the trail version of SL20 or Boston 9.
What is it best for?
You will get the most use out of this trainer in the following:
- tempo workouts: hill repeats, fartleks, etc.
- races: any distance up to an ultra
Highlights of the Terrex Speed Ultra
- Boost & Lightstrike cushioning combo: one ensures plush landings while the other keeps the weight down and helps you spring forward
- Rocker geometry: a slight upward curve in the forefoot aids with a push-off
- Continental outsole: one of the most durable rubber compounds in the industry
- Gravel bike-inspired lugs: will bite anything (except mud)
Other helpful features include reflective prints, extra eyelets for a tighter midfoot lock, and removable insole
Tested by Tom Evans
A British ultra-runner Tom Evans was involved in the production and testing of the Adidas Terrex Speed Ultra prototypes. He had provided the company with consistent feedback for two years until the final version got approved.
Tom also won the 102-km Tarawera race wearing the shoe. He set a new record of 8h 3m 26s that day.