Who should buy the Columbia 100MW Titanium OutDry
The Columbia 100MW Titanium OutDry fits the bill for anyone looking for a quality hiking boot that can survive challenging terrains. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking boot that provides grip and traction on any terrain.
- Prefer a hiking boot that is highly resistant to wearing and tearing.
- Prefer a hiking boot that helps keep the feet warm.
Updates to Columbia 100MW Titanium OutDry
- Designed to survive wet and dry conditions, this Columbia hiker is equipped with the OutDry waterproof technology. It’s a patented construction process where all seams and gaps are heat-bonded to prevent external moisture from entering the shoe.
- This shoe also comes with a durable Vibram outsole with multidirectional lugs that provide grip and traction on any terrain.
- It has a full-grain leather upper that is highly resistant to wearing and tearing and helps keep the feet warm.
Size and fit
The 100MW Titanium OutDry waterproof hiker is a mid-top boot with an all-leather upper that conforms to the shape of the foot. The collar and tongue are padded to provide comfortable support around the ankle and in the forefoot. It also features a traditional lace-up closure system with three additional hooks on top for a snug fit whenever needed.
Excellent surface traction
This boot comes with a Vibram outsole that is well-known for its quality construction, stickiness, and superior traction. The sole has multidirectional lugs and a wide contact surface which allow for more stability on varying surfaces, particularly rocky and slippery trails.
Easy to clean
There’s also enough space between the lugs for easy release of mud and debris.
This shoe has a midsole that offers high rebound and support in rugged terrains. It is soft enough to provide sufficient cushioning so your feet don’t get bothered by uneven ground or rocky trails.
It has quite a firmness to it which is crucial to gain stability while walking or running.
Abrasion-resistant and durable
Its upper is made with full-grain leather which is considered the most superior class of leather available today. Full-grain leather is a top choice for hiking footwear because it offers high resistance to abrasion and is very durable. Plus, it has very good water resistance.
This boot also features the OutDry Waterproof construction - an exclusive technology by Columbia that involves heat-bonding the seams and gaps of the upper to achieve maximum water resistance.
Completing the upper is a lace-up closure with metal hardware and eyelets. The three hooks at the top are added for a customized fit.
Nice to know
-Columbia has been manufacturing high-quality sportswear products since the 1960s. However, it actually opened in 1938 as a hat store. Aside from hiking and mountaineering gears, they are also known to be a top brand for skiing products. In fact, Columbia was hailed as the largest retailer of ski apparel in the United States in 2001.