Who should buy the North Face Hedgehog Fastpack GTX
The North Face Hedgehog Fastpack GTX works in a variety of outdoor conditions but would require adjustments from the user's end. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking shoe that offers long-term durability and wear resistance.
- Prefer a hiking shoe that offers water protection and can maintain a breathable environment.
Updates to :name
- This low-cut hiking shoe from The North Face features the Vibram rubber outsole. The synergic effect of this rubber and the strategically patterned lugs results in an optimal mix of traction, long-term durability, and wear resistance.
- The dual-density compression-molded EVA midsole provides cushioning. The TPU Cradle heel-stability and Cradle Guide technologies work together to promote an anatomically correct stride. Carefully placed inside the shoe is a TPU shank that adds stiffness and support.
- The upper of this footgear is PU-coated leather with TPU welt. This assembly adds structure and durability to the pair. The mesh panels along with the waterproof Gore-Tex Extended Comfort maintain a breathable environment. Its lace-up closure is armed with rustproof hardware and a pull loop at the heel.
Size and fit
The North Face Hedgehog Fastpack GTX hiking shoe is for men and women. With the help of a traditional lace-up closure, the lace maintains a snug fit and prevents unwanted slipping inside the shoe.
The North Face Hedgehog Fastpack GTX's durable Vibram outsole
The North Face Hedgehog Fastpack GTX uses a durable Vibram rubber outsole. It features a strategic lug pattern to give hikers a stable footing.
Excellent traction on wet and dry surfaces
The proprietary rubber compound is designed with an intricate network of protrusions that bites into different types of surfaces including wet and dry ones. It renders grip upon contact and prevents slippage.
The brand-patented Cradle Guide and TPU Cradle heel-stability technologies power the midsole of the Hedgehog Fastpack GTX. It uses a full-length dual-density, compression-molded EVA foam. This technology assists the foot through the whole gait cycle—from impact to toe-off. With the initial impact, the TPU Cradle heel stabilizer guides and supports the heel. It also buffers against unwanted banging into wobbly trails.
The TPU shank, together with a firmer-density EVA midfoot, assists in the fluid transition which promotes pronation. This mechanism renders the last phase—the final toe-off—a smooth and more natural stride.
The North Face Hedgehog Fastpack GTX balances durability and breathability
The upper of the Hedgehog Fastpack GTX uses a mix of mesh panels and PU-coated leather which balances durability and breathability. Its TPU quarter weld creates a crisscross pattern that maintains the structural integrity of this day hiking shoe. The rustproof hardware—metal hooks and eyelets—ensure that this pair surpasses corrosions every time it gets wet.
Facilitating the thorough removal of moisture and heat inside The North Face Hedgehog Fastpack GTX is the Gore-Tex Extended Comfort. It is a non-insulated lining that upholds a good exchange of ventilation in and out of the shoes. Likewise, it takes care of waterproofing.
Further to the construction of the upper, this waterproof hiking shoe has a solid toe and heel box that protects against rocky roads.
Easy to wear
The pull loop at the heel area assists for an easier on and off while the padded tongue and collar deliver comfort.
- The North Face recommends cleaning shoes after use to avoid dirt and mud getting stuck in the fabric. Do not machine wash. Instead, clean the footgear with hot water, rag, and cleansing agent. Air dry and stuff the shoes with paper to facilitate drying.
- When not in use, place it in cool, dry storage.