Who should buy the Mizuno Wave Inspire 11
The 11th version of the Mizuno Wave Inspire is perfect for runners who want a daily trainer that is lightweight but with a snug and secure fit. This running shoe is ideal for you if:
- You want a stability shoe that is lightweight and comfortable enough for daily runs
- You need a long-distance running shoe that can easily support your flat feet and moderate overpronation
Updates to the Mizuno Wave Inspire 11
- Revamped upper with stitched overlays to give the foot a nice, secure fit
- A reconstructed Wave Plate for enhanced shock absorption and impact dispersal
- The forefoot is redesigned with a more curved layout
Durable and shock-absorbent outsole
The outsole is made mostly of blown rubber bar the heel where the more durable X10 carbon rubber serves as a deterrent to wear and tear. This outsole material is used in some Mizuno shoes for running such as the Inspire 15, Rider 22, and Creation 20.
Flexibility is provided by flex grooves with a segmented crash pad that helps with shock attenuation.
Efficient midsole technologies
The thermoplastic plate known as the Wave Plate occupies the heel and the forefoot sections of the Wave Inspire 11. From the heel, it extends to the midfoot to deliver torsional rigidity and arch support. Mainly, the technology helps with shock dispersal and transition through the gait cycle.
Handling the main cushioning duties falls is the U4iC midsole foam. While it is a bit firm, it is lighter than the AP+ with just about the same durability.
The SR Touch foam in the heel softens the impact in the heel.
An improved fit in the Wave Inspire 11
A very breathable mesh covers a large portion of the upper. As mentioned, there are several stitched overlays, including the Runbird logo that delivers the vastly improved fit of the upper.
The tongue and collar are sufficiently padded while a plush Ortholite Sockliner helps soften the landing and enhance fit.