Who should buy the Merrell MQM Rush Flex
The MQM Rush Flex is a Merrell hiker built vastly capable of giving wearers the edge on the trail thanks to its set of synergistic qualities and features. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking boot that offers flexibility and control on the trail.
- Prefer a hiking boot that offers a sweat and moisture control.
- Prefer a hiking boot that has a classic lacing system and can make customization possible.
Updates to :name
- Part of Merrell’s MQM (Moving Quickly in the Mountains) collection, the MQM Rush Flex wraps speed and performance in its protective shell. It is engineered with FLEXconnect—a company-owned technology that involves the boot’s Hyperlock heel counter, flex-groove midsole, and M-Select Grip+ outsole to grant hikers a combination of flexibility and control on the trail.
- The boot’s lining and other key parts are imbued with M-Select Fresh. It is a Merrell-developed technology that deals with sweat and moisture to prevent odor buildup.
Size and fit
The MQM Rush Flex from Merrell is an adequately true-to-size, mid-cut day hiking gear for men and women. It is targeted primarily at hikers with regular-width feet. It is offered in full and half sizes. The footwear’s classic lacing system makes fit customization possible. Its heel pull loop and stretch collar, on the other hand, work together to expedite on and off.
This boot intends to secure the wearer’s footing over uneven terrain with the durable M-Select Grip+ outsole. Whether the surface is wet or dry, its multi-shaped, self-cleaning lugs (with a depth of 3 millimeters) get to produce traction in almost every direction. It is reinforced with TrailProtect pad which provides extra off-road support and protection.
For stability and underfoot cushioning on semi-rugged terrain, trail enthusiasts have the footwear’s dual-directional flex-groove EVA midsole to thank. As its name implies, this stabilizing layer is engineered with grooves which are found on the midsole’s forefoot for improved flexibility.
Working in conjunction with the boot’s midsole for underfoot comfort is the Kinetic Fit Base footbed. Besides cushioning, it also provides extra heel and arch support thanks to its bordered lower half.
The Merrell MQM Rush Flex’s abrasion-resistant upper is made of Cordura fabric. It is crafted with Hyperlock—the boot’s supportive heel counter made of molded thermoplastic polyurethane or TPU. The upper’s toe box also has a TPU covering for scuff and tear protection.
When it comes to lockdown security, the gear uses a fairly standard and rather minimalistic closure system. It is comprised of a handful of combination eyelets and regular, synthetic laces.