Who should buy the Merrell Moab FST 2 Mid Waterproof
The Merrell Moab FST 2 Mid Waterproof has more than enough merits to be deemed worthy of the trail, rain, or shine. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking boot that offers an aesthetically pleasing design.
- Prefer a hiking boot that provides underfoot comfort.
- Prefer a hiking boot that secures traction on uneven terrain.
Updates to :name
- The Mid Waterproof version of the Merrell Moab FST 2 combines comfort and athletic aesthetics in its lightweight package. It has a sleeker profile than the first Moab FST Mid Waterproof.
- This new version still has a mostly mesh upper; however, its overlays are now made entirely of leather instead of thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU).
- Extra comfort underfoot is now provided by Merrell’s Kinetic Fit Base footbed. It replaces the first edition’s M-Select Fit.Eco insert.
Size and fit
A mid-cut, adequately true-to-size Merrell boot for men and women is the Moab FST 2 Mid Waterproof. It is offered in standard width in full and half sizes. The gear’s lacing system, which has metallic hooks as its top pair of eyelets, makes fit personalization possible.
Grippy on most types of outdoor surfaces
Planting the wearer’s feet securely on uneven terrain is the day hiker’s Vibram Megagrip outsole. Its capability to bite into most types of outdoor surfaces, be they wet or dry, is attributed to its 5-mm lugs.
It has aggressively designed tread patterns that help users remain surefooted even while performing lateral maneuvers.
Comfortable cushioning and stability over rugged terrain
The Moab FST 2 Mid Waterproof’s lightweight midsole provides cushioning and stability over rugged terrain. The Merrell Air Cushion technology embedded in its heel zone doubles down on shock absorption, while the nylon shank molded within its medial section provides additional arch support.
What grants extra comfort and support underfoot, on the other hand, is the gear’s contoured insole, called Kinetic Fit Base.
Breathable and waterproof
This footwear’s over-the-ankle upper is comprised of mesh fabric and nubuck leather, the latter of which is used for the boot’s protective overlays. It has a breathable liner made of mesh and a bellows tongue that fences out unwanted debris. The main bootie of this footgear is imbued with M-Select Dry and M-Select Fresh, making the boot waterproof and odor protected respectively.
Providing a secure foot lockdown is the Moab FST 2 Mid Waterproof’s closure system. Its top eyelets are metallic hooks with an open design for faster lace-ups.