Who should buy the Merrell Altalight Knit Mid
The Merrell Altalight Knit Mid may remain a competent pair to wear for a trip because of its trail-centric advantages. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking boot that helps users tackle varied terrain with sufficient comfort and performance.
- Prefer a hiking boot that optimizes air circulation for warm weather conditions.
- Prefer a hiking boot that offers stability and balance as well as traction on varied terrain.
Updates to Merrell Altalight Knit Mid
- The Altalight Knit Mid from Merrell is a day hiking boot equipped with various technologies that help users tackle varied terrain with sufficient comfort and performance. It employs a rugged knit upper that optimizes air circulation for warm weather conditions.
- Outdoor enthusiasts are supplied with stability and balance via its ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) midsole. It also features a Vibram Megagrip rubber outsole for traction on varied terrain.
Size and fit
The Merrell Altalight Knit Mid is a mid-top hiking boot for men and women. It sports a conventional lacing system that allows wearers to achieve a secure and customized lockdown. The footgear’s padded collar and tongue, meanwhile, promote a comfortable fit.
This vegan-friendly Merrell offering features an upper reinforced with a Stratafuse exoskeleton. This component is designed to give users a glove-like fit.
Excellent grip on wet and dry surfaces
This Merrell boot for adventurers uses a Vibram Megagrip outsole for ground adherence. It sports a pattern of 5mm arrow-shaped lugs to render grip on wet and dry surfaces.
Excellent surface traction
The wide spaces in between these lugs disperse dirt and debris to optimize traction. Its front section covers a part of the forefoot zone to protect the user’s toes from accidental bumps.
The men’s and women’s Merrell Altalight Knit Mid combines an EVA midsole with a patented Air Cushion technology in the heel section. This pairing renders a cushioned ride while absorbing shock from uneven ground conditions.
Provides torsional stability
A lightweight Flexplate feature is integrated into the midsole to give torsional stability. Moreover, this Merrell hiker sports a Kinetic Fit Base removable footbed to give wearers arch support and underfoot comfort.
Provides toe protection
The Merrell Altalight Knit Mid is equipped with a knit upper that’s engineered to resist abrasive elements. A Stratafuse exoskeleton is infused into this component to deliver support and structure. Its forefoot zone houses a rubberized cap for trail protection and durability.
This piece of outdoor gear from Merrell employs a series of round eyelets and metal hooks for its lacing system. These components help the wearer in managing the boot’s fit.
Easy to wear
A bellows tongue is incorporated into the upper to prevent debris from entering. A pull loop is found at the back of the collar to provide users with easy on and off.
Nice to know
- Buyers who value mobility and an improved range of motion for their ankle might want to consider low-top hiking shoes. Among the options that may be considered is the Merrell Moab 2 Ventilator.