Shoes best for road, track and light gravel. See the best road shoes.
Shoes best for trail, off road, mountains and other unstable surfaces. See the best trail shoes.
Good to know
As long as you stick to the road or path, and if you want just one running shoe, buy a road running shoe.
- Arch support
Neutral / cushion / high arch
Shoes for runners who do not need any additional arch support (Around 50% of runners). Best for people with normal, high or medium high arches. See the best neutral shoes.
Stability / overpronation / normal arch
Shoes for runners who need mild to moderate arch support (Around 45% of runners). Best for runners with a low arch. See the best stability shoes.
Motion control / severe overpronation / flat feet
Shoes for runners who needs a lot of arch support. Best for runners with flat feet. See the best motion control shoes.
Good to know
Footwear with few offers from online retailers and sold out in most sizes.
Shoes that have been taken out of production but are still sold by most online shops.
Shoes that just came out and have not received sufficient feedback from the buyers.
Shoes designed for competition, weigh less than 250g. They are fast but they offer less cushioning and support.
Low drop shoes usually have a heel-to-toe drop of 1mm - 4mm. They feel very flat to most runners and ideal for midfoot strikers.
Running shoes with 0mm heel-to-toe drop. Did not have to mean zero cushioning. They feel extremely flat, ideal for forefoot or midfoot strikers.
Shoes with superior waterproofing elements, ideal for long-distance and muddy paths.
Running shoes with some degree of water protection, usually they dry quickly.
These are bulky-looking shoes with large amount of cushioning and are widely used in long-distance running. Overpronators can also benefit from a maximalist running shoe because they also offer enhanced support or stability.
Extremely lightweight shoes with minimal to no arch support. The minimal cushioning offers flexibility and greater ground contact.
Lightweight shoes with lots of flexibility and comfort. Most Triathlon shoe also have drainage system to keep the shoe from retaining water.
- Foot condition
- Strike Pattern
- Heel to toe drop
The height difference from the heel to the forefoot, also known as heel drop, toe spring, heel to toe spring or simply drop.
There are many opinions about what a good heel drop is. We do not recommend any in particular. Lean more in this video.
Cushioned shoes for your daily easy running. Great comfort. See best shoes for daily running.
Lightweight shoes good for races, interval training, tempo runs and fartlek. Here are the best competition running shoes.
Good to know
If you want just one pair of shoes, buy a shoe for daily running.
- Arch Type
- Number of reviews
Good to know
Daily running shoes weigh not less than 250g. These are cushioned shoes designed for daily training. Go-to shoes with great comfort. -Shoes for competition usually weigh between 115g and 220g. Lighter shoes are faster, making them ideal for races, quick-paced runs, and interval training.
Stability shoes are popular. People who notice over-pronation of their feet will definitely look for shoes that will help them correct their stance. With over 100, 000 reviews the Puma brand offers some of the best stability shoes in the marketplace. The needs of the individual shoe wearer are their focus. Years of experience and quality service are the strong points of this top shoe company.
What can you anticipate from the best Puma stability shoes?
- To provide support to the feet of the athlete: that is the goal of the best Puma stability shoes. The leading shoe innovators designed cushioning systems that would provide stability and proper positioning of the feet during activity or exercise.
- Pronation is the natural inward roll of the foot after the heel hits the ground. People who have over-pronating feet have feet-anatomies that don’t naturally follow the natural trend. This is where stability shoes come in handy. This type of shoe will help normally absorb ground impact, thus removing strain on the knees and joints.
- Stability shoes purposefully adjust the positioning of the feet and lets them take a more neutral stance. The changes are not only physical, however, since performance is greatly improved after such a process is doled out. Over-pronators will definitely observe an improvement to their movements, noticing also an added comfort and balance to the actions made by their feet.
- Beginners will prefer a pair of shoes that will help them step up their game. Stability shoes are effective balancers and will correct pronation problems as early as possible. The added padding and cushioning will also benefit the user in terms of their desires for comfort and snug fit.
- Though a bit heavier than most shoe types, stability shoes maintain the level of quality that Puma prides itself upon. With added features, the best Puma stability shoes are the ideal choice for those who want to improve not only their gait but also their overall efficiency.
What are the notable features found in the best Puma stability shoes?
- Arch support. The best Puma stability shoes feature the FAAS Foam+, a mid-sole component that brings out a springier feel to the user. Along with this are molded rebound sock liners and an advanced cushioning system that provides an efficient and softer ride. Pronation troubles will be thoroughly addressed by these innovations.
- Outer sole material. Vast improvements to the outside presentation of the best Puma stability shoes have been made to serve more than just aesthetic purposes. The outsole material is durable and will help high-wear portions of the shoe to withstand the effects of long-term use.
- Flexibility. Deeper forefoot flex grooves have been made to increase the flexibility of the stability shoes. This will prevent easy tearing of the shoe material and will also help the user to move the feet more freely. Transitioning is also improved via flex notches that have been added. This much flexibility is warranted, especially in improving the performance output of those who choose to wear stability shoes.