Who should buy the Asolo Thyrus GV
The Asolo Thyrus GV is a pair of hiking footgear best suited for hikers who like to move fast and conquer erratic trails. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking boot that provides protection against knocks.
- Prefer a hiking boot that grants a more stable and secure ride.
- Prefer a hiking boot that provides durability and waterproofing.
Updates to :name
- Asolo developed a footwear line designed for outdoor enthusiasts who like to move swiftly over diverse terrains. The Thyrus GV was an addition to this category. It uses the A-Fast technology with the Redster outsole for ideal performance.
- This technology touches the upper, midsole, and outsole of this day hiking boot. From the upper, a TPU toe cap is placed to deliver protection against knocks. The dual-density EVA midsole promises anatomical support while the Redster sole’s multi-directional lugs assure a grippy and secure ride. Asolo partnered with Vibram to create an outsole that uses the Megagrip compound. This feature enables the boot to adapt to different grounds.
- Furthermore, to grant a more stable and secure ride, the Asolo Thyrus GV uses the Asoflex 00 SR lasting board and Lite 2 plus footbed. These two components work together to live up to their purpose.
- Lastly, enveloping the foot is a combination of 1.6 - 1.8 mm thick Perwanger leather and Schoeller softshell fabric. These materials are known for their durability and comfort. The upper is lined with a Gore-Tex membrane that takes care of waterproofing.
Size and fit
The Asolo Thyrus GV has a men's and women’s version. Both are in standard width and sizes. With the classic lace-up closure that uses a combination of D-rings and metal hooks, adjusting to get the right fit is uncomplicated. This pair generally runs true to size.
Renders optimal grip and traction
The Redster outsole (a collaboration project between Vibram and Asolo) enables the Thyrus GV to render optimal grip and traction on varying surfaces. It uses the Megagrip compound which offers a balance between flexibility and stability.
Prevents slippage and falls
Redster also features aggressive, self-cleaning lugs that create a channel to drive water out, preventing slips and falls.
Shock-absorbing cushioning and support
With the A-Fast technology, Asolo Thyrus GV is equipped with a dual-density EVA to optimize shock absorption and support. The midsole is comprised of a full-length high-density EVA to guarantee stability. The heel area is fitted with a low-density EVA to ensure comfort and absorb impacts.
The Thyrus GV is built on the Asoflex 00 SR lasting board to grant stiffness. The comfort is further enhanced by the anatomical footbed, Lite 2 plus.
Water-resistant and breathable
Thanks to the materials used in the upper, this day hiking boot from Asolo is lightweight. The durable Perwanger leather, which is around 1.6 - 1.8 mm thick, makes the boot water and scratch-resistant. Also, this natural material allows the foot to breathe freely.
Easy to clean
The elastic Schoeller softshell fabric visible on the top part of the tongue and collar gives a supple and pleasant feel. This textile is hard-wearing and does not absorb water and dirt quickly, thus making it easier to clean.
Keeps the feet dry and cozy
The Thyrus GV is a hiking boot that features a waterproof membrane called Gore-Tex Extended Comfort. This breathable lining is non-insulated to allow optimal expulsion of heat from the inside for a cooler environment. Likewise, it keeps the feet dry and cozy during vigorous activities.
The padded collar and cushioned tongue deliver extra comfort. The TPU toe cap acts as armor against accidental bumps and thumps.