Who should buy Asolo Shiraz GV
This boot for backpackers is a good option for buyers who prefer leather footwear. Ideal if:
- The hiker is willing to invest in premium-priced footwear
- You want protection from the elements coming from a mid-cut boot
- The wearer will tackle wet trails
Updates to :name
- The Shiraz GV’s upper is made of Schoeller K-Tech fabric with suede leather overlays. It is firmly tucked under Asolo’s Asoflex 00 MR lasting board. Its waterproofing is primarily handled by Gore-Tex’s Performance Comfort liner.
- Making every ground contact as safe and comfortable as possible is the boot’s dual-density midsole. The footgear’s Vibram Ascent outsole, on the other hand, is what lends backpackers traction on different types of terrain.
Size and fit
The Asolo Shiraz GV is a mid-cut backpacking boot for men and women. It runs fairly true to size. Its width is intended for medium-footed individuals. It is offered in a range of full and half sizes. The women’s version is built around a female-specific last. A personalized fit is achieved with the boot’s classic lace-up closure.
Outsole designed for challenging slopes
On the traction front, the Asolo Shiraz GV comes with a rubber outsole called Vibram Ascent. The way its tire-like lugs are set up enables backpackers to tackle tricky slopes securely. The circular lugs taking up the outsole’s central space are designed to disperse water, reducing the likelihood of hydroplaning.
In addition to surface grip, this component provides toe protection with its forefoot extension.
Asolo Shiraz GV's dual density cushioning
Asolo gave the Shiraz GV a microporous midsole for ground contact comfort and stability. Its dual-density construction provides additional cushioning at key points, especially where the foot tends to roll. It comes engineered with an anti-shock insert (made of polyurethane) for extra impact mitigation.
Upping the level of comfort provided by the boot’s midsole unit is the removable Lite 2 footbed. It is adequately perforated to prevent heat buildup.
With the boot’s water-resistant Schoeller K-Tech upper complete with the Gore-Tex Performance Comfort liner, wearers are promised ample protection against abrasive hazards and water intrusion.
Its overlays are made of suede leather at 1.8 mm thick. Its base is generously rubberized to bolster the upper’s defenses against abrasions. The boot’s tongue is also seamlessly bridged to the rest of the upper to wall off unwanted debris.
The lockdown mechanism features round synthetic laces. Its eyelets are all metallic except for the synthetic lace loops located below the ankle line.