Who should buy the Adidas D Lillard 2
Signature shoes should reflect the player and Damian Lillard had valuable input on how his shoes should look and feel. The Adidas D Lillard 2 is the official shoe of the City of Oakland, where Dame learned to play. His rise to stardom didn't occur overnight. It took years of hard work and determination in the Bay Area to become the star that he is today. These shoes tell that story.
You'd grab a pair of these shoes if:
- You're a super fan of Lillard and are inspired by his story through this shoe.
- You'd want to upgrade your D Lillard 1, and experience much better performance.
Adidas D Lillard 2's midsole technology
The Adidas D Lillard 2 features a new full-length Bounce cushioning system. This technology is mostly used on Adidas running shoes and was fine-tuned specifically for basketball.
It’s a dual-density foam that provides enhanced comfort, energy return, and impact protection.
The shoes also use Sprintframe and Torsion that support the midfoot and forefoot. These work well with the Bounce cushioning and this whole system provides a smoother heel-to-toe transition.
Outstanding outsole construction of D Lillard 2
The outsole of the Adidas D Lillard 2 is made of Continental rubber with a modified herringbone pattern inspired by Dame’s chest tattoo.
It’s a non-marking rubber outsole that provides extraordinary grip on wet and dry surfaces.
D Lillard's stable lockdown
The Adidas D Lillard 2 features a one-piece Techfit cleatie, TPU eyelets at the midfoot, and a TPU heel counter.
The sock-like fit of the Techfit cleatie and support of the TPU heel counter keep the foot in place. When laced up, the TPU eyelets lay sightly on top of the midfoot keeping the foot locked down.
Multiple upper options
The Adidas D Lillard 2 has 4 upper variants available.
- Jacquard upper. It’s similar to Primeknit which conforms and moves with the player’s foot.
- Primeknit upper. This is a light, soft, breathable, and flexible material. This edition also features Boost cushioning at the heel area.
- Synthetic leather upper. This is a durable material that adds support and aids with the lockdown.
- Knitted upper. This material is featured in the D Lillard 2 Static edition. It’s also like Primeknit but sturdier.
Standout style of D Lillard 2
One of the major issues with the D Lillard 1 is heel slip. The Adidas D Lillard 2 has additional padding around the ankle collar that provides ankle support and helps keep the heel in place. This extra padding does not feel restrictive and the mid-cut design of the shoe allows the ankle to move freely.
Dame-inspired details complete the sneaker’s standout look. The D Lillard 2 performs great on-court and can also be rocked casually. With a variety of colorways and materials to choose from, you’ll surely be able to find a pair that fits your needs.