|Weight:||Men: 695g | Women: 581g|
|Width:||Normal, Wide | Normal, Wide|
|Material:||Leather, Rubber sole, Vibram sole|
|Colorways:||Black, Blue, Brown|
|SKUs:||7146, 7147, 7148, 7160, 7161, 7162|
Reviews from around the internet
- 90/100 by The Big Outside
- 85/100 by Switchback Travel
- 95/100 by Gear Assistant
- 90/100 by All Outdoors Guide
- 90/100 by Travel Gear Zone
- 90/100 by Mountains for Everybody
- 95/100 by Plus 2 Clothing
- 95/100 by Alexander Jeter
- 95/100 by Utah Outside
- 90/100 by Backpacker
- 90/100 by Wanderlust and Lipstick
- 90/100 by Hiking Lady
- 90/100 by Wandering Always
- 87/100 by Hikes on the Run
- 85/100 by Independent Wolf
- 85/100 by Land of Season
- 80/100 by Mountain IQ
- 80/100 by SOFREP
- 74/100 by OutdoorGearLab
Video reviews and unboxing
- The Vasque Exclusive Vibram Frontier with XSTrek Compound provides an optimal combination of traction and durability. The former prevents the boot from slipping on tricky surfaces, and the latter makes it usable for a long time.
- The A.S.E. midsole and the ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) pods work together to maintain a cushioned environment which is both responsive and comfortable. The TPU shank is also incorporated to add stiffness and provide additional support to the foot.
- The nubuck leather and the Gore-Tex lining render the footwear’s upper comfortable, waterproof and breathable. These qualities enable the customers to use the Vasque St. Elias GTX on wet, muddy and rough terrains, without having to worry about the footwear wearing off.
The Vasque St. Elias GTX is for both men and women. The footwear features a mid-cut upper for supporting the ankle and semi-curved forefoot region for adapting to the changing foot movements while walking. The cushioned tongue and padded collar give comfort. The lacing allows a snug fit. It also secures the foot in its proper position throughout the backpacking activity.
The Vasque Exclusive Vibram Frontier with XSTrek Compound is resistant to abrasions and therefore, enhances the long-term durability of the backpacking boot. The technology works in synergy with the lug pattern on the outsole to provide sufficient traction and prevent slippage on wet surfaces or dangerous slopes.
The A.S.E. midsole, along with the ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) pods in the heel and forefoot, provides cushioning. It is soft, responsive, long-lasting and resilient to concentrated forces. The combination distributes impact evenly over the whole surface area. It reduces the risk of damage at a single point, thereby increasing the capability of the footgear to hike over longer distances with efficiency.
The TPU shank is placed between the outsole and midsole. It reinforces the structure and diminishes the load on the foot and calf. The feature adds stiffness to the backpacking boot, thereby shielding the foot from puncture injuries and bruises from rocks caused by stubbing.
The upper features the waterproof oiled nubuck leather for a neat look and a supportive fit. The material is known for its long-term durability. Moreover, the footwear houses the Gore-Tex lining for water protection. In addition to protecting the foot from any unwanted moisture, it has windproofness and breathability. These features keep the wearer’s foot fresh and dry, regardless of how challenging it gets on the trails.
The Vasque St. Elias GTX has a mid-cut design to provide additional support and protection to the ankle. The feature reduces the risk of twisting one’s ankle on steep slopes or rough terrains and is particularly useful for hikers who are not yet used to tackling difficult surfaces.
The reinforced rubber toe rand provides additional protection to the toes against small rocks and protrusions encountered on the way. The cap renders the waterproof hiking boot resistant to abrasions, serving as a shield against sharp objects.