Who should buy the Lowa Locarno GTX Qc
Lowa was able to impress outdoor lovers with the Locarno GTX Qc. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking boot that keeps the feet dry in different weather conditions.
- Prefer a hiking boot that provides excellent traction on different surfaces.
- Prefer a hiking boot that can make toe-offs as convenient as possible.
Updates to :name
- The Locarno GTX Qc’s protective leather-fabric upper is constructed with Lowa’s Monowrap technology, providing the boot with additional support. It uses Gore-Tex’s waterproofing technology to keep the user’s feet dry in different weather conditions.
- Supplying users with stability, cushioning, and rebound on the trail is Lowa’s DuraPU with DynaPU midsole. Providing hikers with adequate traction on different types of surfaces, on the other hand, is the Hybrid Trac outsole—another Lowa-owned technology. Together as a unit, these soles form a toe rocker, a forefoot feature that makes toe-offs as convenient as possible.
Size and fit
A fairly true-to-size, above-the-ankle hiker for women is the Locarno GTX Qc. Its mid-cut confines are intended for individuals with regular-width feet. Bavarian brand Lowa lists it in half and full sizes. Its speed lacing system permits wearers to achieve a personalized lockdown.
Provides slip and skid prevention
Lowa’s Locarno GTX Qc offers slip and skid prevention over uneven terrain with its proprietary outsole, called Hybrid Trac. Low-profile triangular lugs are scattered across its surface, producing multi-directional traction.
Provides assistance during tricky climbs and challenging descents
These lugs also self-clean during transitions. In addition, the outsole has treaded heel and forefoot zones. Such treads assist users during tricky climbs and challenging descents.
Provides cushioning, rebound, and stability
The boot’s hybrid DuraPU and DynaPU midsole takes center stage when it comes to providing wearers with cushioning, rebound and stability.
Abrasion resistance and lasting durability
It is made of polyurethane, a kind of material that grants midsoles with abrasion resistance and lasting durability. Also made of polyurethane is the gear’s stock footbed which adds to the cushioning offered by the main midsole unit.
Waterproof and breathable
A combination of nubuck leather and fabric makes up the majority of the Locarno GTX Qc’s over-the-ankle upper. A Gore-Tex waterproof membrane is imbued within its confines, barring wet elements on the outside while regulating airflow on the inside. Doubling down on the footgear’s breathability are perforations lined up across the upper’s ankle zone.
Easy lacing system
Lacing up is made fairly easy as the gear’s closure system features a set of metallic open hooks at the ankle shaft. The rest of the lace holes, from the instep line down, are regular plated eyelets.