Good to know
- La Sportiva's Synthesis Mid GTX features the Vibram Nano sole, which works in conjunction with the Impact Brake System. This combination is responsible for the shoe’s traction and shock absorption.
- The midsole uses compression molded EVA foam reinforced with TPU inserts. It takes care of the cushioning and support. This setup also works with the STB technology for torsional stability. Also, there is a breathable Ortholite footbed for support.
- The AirMesh fabric with Gore-Tex Surround of the upper offers breathability. The Nano-Cell Technology helps keep the structure of the Synthesis Mid GTX.
The La Sportiva Synthesis Mid GTX hiking boots are offered to men and women. Built on European half sizes, a shoe has a size run of four more sizes. The one-pull lacing system allows a quick, custom fit.
The outsole of La Sportiva’s Synthesis Mid GTX features the Vibram Nano equipped with the proprietary Impact Brake System (IBS). The asymmetrical design of the lugs delivers traction and grip. It also aids in shock absorption, hence reducing fatigue. The opposing, slanted position of the lugs on the soles raises the braking power by 20% (on average) and lessens impact forces by 20% (also on average).
The La Sportiva Synthesis Mid GTX uses a compression-molded EVA midsole. This material is processed by pressurizing EVA in a mold, so it forms a thick outer skin. This procedure makes the foam durable and provides torsional structure, enabling better control of foot rotations. The abrasion-resistant, elastic TPU inserts render support.
The STB technology makes the heel area rigid. This component wraps the midsole (along the heel area) and unifies it with the upper. It also allows a secure lockdown fit.
The Synthesis Mid GTX has an Ortholite footbed for cushioning. With its open-cell structure, it is breathable and can manage moisture inside the shoe. The footbed is removable so hikers can replace it with their desired orthotic insert.
The upper of the La Sportiva Synthesis Mid GTX uses an AirMesh fabric and PU leather. This combination yields breathability and durability. Likewise, the Nano-Cell Technology that wraps the shoe helps maintain its structure.
The Gore-Tex Surround utilizes the open construction of the Gore-Tex film that allows aeration from below the foot. It works in conjunction with the side ventilation outlets. As a result, the foot stays dry, reducing risks of having blisters.
The Synthesis Mid GTX also uses an adjustable single-pull lace system that has a metal ring eyelet and speed hook on the top. This setup enables the user to open the mouth for easy on and off. The elastic band near the instep reduces flopping of the laces.
- The Synthesis Mid GTX is vegan-friendly.
- The pair received the Backpacker - Editors’ Choice 2015 award.
- The shoe won the Outdoor Industry Award 2014. It gained outstanding marks in the following criteria: degree of innovation, design/quality and functionality.