Who should buy the KEEN Terradora Wintershell
The KEEN Terradora Wintershell is a piece of gear that can be used effectively in cold conditions, thanks to its set of positive qualities. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking boot that provides winter performance and can be used all year round.
- Prefer a hiking boot that can trap heat in cold temperatures.
- Prefer a hiking boot that delivers traction on paths filled with ice and snow.
Updates to :name
- The KEEN Terradora Wintershell is a mid-cut hiking boot. Although specifically given winter performance features, it can also be used all year round.
- A KEEN Dry membrane lines the upper to prevent water from entering. 200g of KEEN Warm insulating material is also embedded within the upper to trap heat in cold temperatures.
- Cushioning and support are supplied by the boot’s low-density ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) midsole. On the other hand, its non-marking rubber outsole delivers traction on paths filled with ice and snow.
Size and fit
The Terradora Wintershell is available in whole and half sizes for women. Although offered in standard width, KEEN notes that it has a narrower fit than its regular offerings. The boot fairly runs true to size. Its lace-up closure system permits a secure and customized fit for female adventurers.
Grippy on icy and snowy surfaces
This winter hiker uses a non-marking rubber outsole engineered for cold weather conditions. It has a pattern of aggressive lugs that provide grip on icy and snowy surfaces.
Provides ascent and descent control
The sole’s heel and forefoot areas contain grooves that create ascent and descent control. The unit also covers the front area, functioning as a toe protector.
This mid-cut hiking boot is equipped with a low-density EVA midsole which grants a kind of cushioning that cradles the female foot. It’s paired with an ESS shank to make the footgear rigid.
Excellent arch support
Arch support and underfoot comfort are supplied by a dual-density polyurethane (PU) foam footbed.
Seals water out without sacrificing breathability
Two hundred grams of KEEN Warm technology supply insulation to the user. A KEEN Dry membrane lines the upper to seal water out without sacrificing breathability.
Easy to wear
The boot’s interior is lined with a microfiber fabric to wick moisture away and create a comfortable in-shoe feel. Its closure system has a variety of eyelets and synthetic lace. A pair of pull loops are found on the tongue and collar for an easy on and off. Moreover, the footgear’s molded collar promotes comfort without restricting ankle flexibility.
Nice to know
- This product is snowshoe compatible.